Happy Fathers Day

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Thanks! Happy Dad's Day to the rest of you as well.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ said:
MJMGator;n2684 said:
We have our first due in 14 days. Gonna be a challenge raising him as a Gator up here in Dwagland, but hope to back in Florida within 10 years so I can take him to the Swamp and teach him how to fish...like my dad did with me!

The first 3 years are really tough. Neither you nor your wife will get much sleep for the 1st year. Your wife in particular. And you'll be walking around in a sleepless haze that won't fully wear off until you're about 3 years in. And if you start adding siblings, keep adding up those sleepless years. You'll stop going out, you'll be going to sleep earlier and earlier and if you stay on point, all of your time will revolve around your children.

BUT -- It's completely worth it. If you have boys, it really starts to pay dividends around 6 years old. He can really start to engage you in watching sports, really understanding them, and playing them. My kids are funny as hell and although I'm done having kids, I would do all those sleepless nights again for those turkeys.

As far as girls, I don't know. I don't have any.

Also, the first couple years are likely to put a lot of strain on your marriage. Mainly because you don't sleep. So nobody's in their right mind. This is where a lot of families break apart. If you recognize this early and remember this is the toughest part and love her even though she's acting crazy (and vice versa for her to you) your marriage will grow infinitely stronger and your kids will have a great home life to emulate.

Good luck!
Congrats MJM. GatorJ is dead on.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ said:
MJMGator;n2684 said:
We have our first due in 14 days. Gonna be a challenge raising him as a Gator up here in Dwagland, but hope to back in Florida within 10 years so I can take him to the Swamp and teach him how to fish...like my dad did with me!

The first 3 years are really tough. Neither you nor your wife will get much sleep for the 1st year. Your wife in particular. And you'll be walking around in a sleepless haze that won't fully wear off until you're about 3 years in. And if you start adding siblings, keep adding up those sleepless years. You'll stop going out, you'll be going to sleep earlier and earlier and if you stay on point, all of your time will revolve around your children.

BUT -- It's completely worth it. If you have boys, it really starts to pay dividends around 6 years old. He can really start to engage you in watching sports, really understanding them, and playing them. My kids are funny as hell and although I'm done having kids, I would do all those sleepless nights again for those turkeys.

As far as girls, I don't know. I don't have any.

Also, the first couple years are likely to put a lot of strain on your marriage. Mainly because you don't sleep. So nobody's in their right mind. This is where a lot of families break apart. If you recognize this early and remember this is the toughest part and love her even though she's acting crazy (and vice versa for her to you) your marriage will grow infinitely stronger and your kids will have a great home life to emulate.

Good luck!
Thanks!

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Happy father's day everybody. Mine's 9 months this Wednesday and is already all over the place. Wish our house luck!

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Thanks and same to y'all. I have a 4 year old boy and 10 month old girl myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb