Happy Landing

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Yesterday a friend of mine accompanied his best friend, who is a pilot, on a flight to the Bahamas and back yesterday. His friend passed out on the return trip about 20 miles from Florida’s east coast.

Neither my friend or the passenger they picked up in the Bahamas know how to fly a plane, but the passenger was able to land safely in WPB.

Plane lands safely in Florida after pilot has medical emergency

[mention]Zambo [/mention] and [mention]pilot-in-fla [/mention] - How crazy is that?

All 3 survived.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Once again, other than announcing the weather of a final destination, thanking passengers for flying, and of course, supporting airport bars, I struggle to see what pilots actually bring to the table. The moment it was reported that Travolta was an expert, I immediately became suspicious.

Glad your friends are safe. And selfishly, I’m glad they didn’t undershoot the landing because it would’ve basically taken out my in-law’s house.:lol:

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
Yesterday a friend of mine accompanied his best friend, who is a pilot, on a flight to the Bahamas and back yesterday. His friend passed out on the return trip about 20 miles from Florida’s east coast.

Neither my friend or the passenger they picked up in the Bahamas know how to fly a plane, but the passenger was able to land safely in WPB.

[mention]Zambo [/mention] and [mention]pilot-in-fla [/mention] - How crazy is that?

All 3 survived.
If you can drive a car and follow directions, flying an airplane is not that difficult. If the jet is operating as designed. If the weather is fair. If the guy on the radio is calm and experienced. The trick is when the weather is at minimums, the number one engine if aflame, there is JP4 sloshing about your feet and the bombardier is bitching about turbulence.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
If you can drive a car and follow directions, flying an airplane is not that difficult. If the jet is operating as designed. If the weather is fair. If the guy on the radio is calm and experienced. The trick is when the weather is at minimums, the number one engine if aflame, there is JP4 sloshing about your feet and the bombardier is *****ing about turbulence.

Single prop - but I get your point. Just thinking about the 360° movement etc. Thankfully a clear day. Not sure about the wind but the control tower would instruct accordingly.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Once again, other than announcing the weather of a final destination, thanking passengers for flying, and of course, supporting airport bars, I struggle to see what pilots actually bring to the table. The moment it was reported that Travolta was an expert, I immediately became suspicious.
Surgeons, too. These days you just need to watch a couple of YouTube videos and anyone can slice a fat bastard up.

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015
I always tell my clients that being a lawyer is like being a pilot. 99% of the time I’m on auto-pilot processing papers that most people can do with a few months training.

However, that 1% of the time when $hit goes sideways, you better know exactly WTF to do or you’ll crash and burn.

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015

All 3 survived.
I’d love to hear some stories of what it was like in the plane when this happened. You hear about this in movies, but never think it would happen in real life. I’d love to hear some details.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
@Zambo O-VER-RAT-ED (clap…clap…clap clap clap)

charlie-murphy-charlie.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator