Harbaugh to Michigan - expected announcement on Tuesday

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Well good for Michigan. They've suffered alot longer than we have, hopefully he can spoil urbans season every now and then. I'm sure those fans could use the excitement. I believe we play them in a few years, hopefully both of our programs are back to the top .

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n138424 said:
That's the spirit! :rolleyes:

Give it a rest.
I've seen more than enough Nussmeier. Can't even imagine this is our future. How far we've sunken.

And you're right I should give it a rest like the rest of the Gator Nation. I turned it off in November and probably should keep it off. That may well be my New Year's Resolution. Turn this shiit off.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n138431 said:
I've seen more than enough Nussmeier. Can't even imagine this is our future. How far we've sunken.

And you're right I should give it a rest like the rest of the Gator Nation. I turned it off in November and probably should keep it off. That may well be my New Year's Resolution. Turn this shiit off.

Two questions. Who would you rather we'd have hired? What was it you saw about Nussmeier that proved "more than enough"?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n138431 said:

Well, we'll miss you man. :rolleyes:

You haven't seen this staff call a single play. We had NO chance by retaining Muschamp. At least we have a chance again with a new staff.

Gator98MD

Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2014
Ok law, your now ridiculously negative. We havent even seen the new regime at work and you already have them failing. Now your pissing me off. I usually don't disagree with your opinions but your newest **** is incendiary

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n138437 said:
Well, we'll miss you man. :rolleyes:

You haven't seen this staff call a single play. We had NO chance by retaining Muschamp. At least we have a chance again with a new staff.

Exactly! I'm not blown away with the OC hire, but still happy as hell we're headed in a different direction with a new regime.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Nussmeier's Alabama offense interspersed with defensive highlights. What's not to like about it?

[video=youtube;MkzsH60nXc0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkzsH60nXc0[/video]

Gator98MD

Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2014
Who gives sh$t if any of us are blown away about The hire. talk is cheap show me the money. Results are all that matter

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
[QUOTE='78;n138448]What's not to like about it?[/QUOTE]
This is what's not to like:
2008 Fresno 39th
2009 Wash 74th
2010 Wash 69th
2011 Wash 38th
2012 Bama 19th
2013 Bama 32nd
2014 Mich 115th

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n138400 said:
For the money we wasted on Mushchimp, and will be paying for the MacNuss train and the ridiculous buyout, we COULD have hired any coach on the planet. Instead we take the ScUM and slUT route of hiring losers and cheap mediocre guys multiple times and buying them buyouts when we fire them.

More Nussmushdawgmutt ball coming up.

Oh yeah? Who? What coaches are you talking about exactly? Because I sure don't remember a plethora of can't miss coaches that were available when we hired Muschamp or any that are available (meaning would actually come to Florida) now. Who are all these guys that we keep missing on that we should pay a king's ransom to that will guarantee us championships? (*Hint*, they don't f*****g exist.)

So what happens if Harbaugh gets a guaranteed contract for 50 MILLION(!!!) dollars and doesn't win a national championship? What happens when alumni and faculty start asking how much better those millions could have been spent? The right answer is that there should be hell to pay and everyone up to and including the school president should be fired.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Gatoravatara;n138394 said:
I think that you are wrong about this. I think comparing our hire to Michigan's hire is perfect. We both had crappy season. Perhaps Michigan was worse because we beat Georgia. We both hired new coaches. Foley's hire should be compared to Michigan's AD hire. In the real world results are the only thing that matter. If Harbaugh blows, it will cost Michigan dearly (overpaying for mediocrity) and that is on the AD. In the real world people are held accountable for their decisions. I absolutely will be comparing our hire to Michigan's hire and I think it is fair. One AD made a value hire. The other broke the bank. We will see who's strategy pays off in the long run. It may turn out that Foley's strategy is the correct one.

It's not even a remotely apples to apples comparison. He's a UM alum. If he returned to college, it was going to be there. If we reversed the roles in 15 years and it was Tebow in play, do you really feel like any other school would stand a chance? We weren't getting JH. And there was no one on his level that was looking for a new job. It isn't about being cheap. It's about assessing reality. If you want to use the Stoops and Freeze rumors, then so be it. Those, if true, at least support the argument that Foley wasn't willing to pony up. But even in those cases, we would be taking a risk and spending far more money to do it. The Harbaugh hire isn't relevant to us at all, because we probably could've trumped their offer by a million or so and he'd still choose UM.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Gatoravatara;n138490 said:
This most likely will not happen. Its more likely that Harbaugh will get great recruits and turn Michigan around quickly. Even if he is a bust, practically everybody in Michigan is on board with the hire so there will be little blowback if he fails-which he probably won't. Most high performers will continue to be high performers. Very few high performers turn out to be busts.

Really? Then we should have hired Mack Brown, or Dennis Erickson, or Phil Fulmer or Jim Tressel or Larry Coker or Gene Chizik. All of those guys have won a National Championship within the last 15 years or so. We could probably get any one of them cheap.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
divits;n138498 said:
Really? Then we should have hired Mack Brown, or Dennis Erickson, or Phil Fulmer or Jim Tressel or Larry Coker or Gene Chizik. All of those guys have won a National Championship within the last 15 years or so. We could probably get any one of them cheap.
Jim tressel was a great coach

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator