Urban this morning... :barfaway:

urban-meyer-heart-attack.jpeg

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
T REX;n139643 said:
They just hired their Spurrier, IMHO.

I would have to agree. The dude turned a nerd school into one of the most powerful programs not only in rankings but in style of play as well in a very short period of time. Same thing at the 49er's. Harbaugh will most likely be just about like SOS was here in the 90's.....a no bs guy who wins a lot of games.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I like the hire and think it's good for college football. The SEC has dominated for so long in large part due to the coaches (SOS, Saban, Miles, Fulmer, Meyer, etc.). With MSU, OSU and UM now having great coaching they'll make some noise. I know we're supposed to hate the B1G, but like I said...it's good for college football.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Prilosec and Nexium stock just went through the roof. Me thinks Urbs might get "sick" again in a year or two, especially if his dream ND job opens up.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
gardnerwebbalumnigator;n139703 said:
Prilosec and Nexium stock just went through the roof. Me thinks Urbs might get "sick" again in a year or two, especially if his dream ND job opens up.
Or instead he'll continue kicking Michigan's ass.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
If things go well, it'll be a helluva game at Jerry's World in 2017.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n139742 said:
Or instead he'll continue kicking Michigan's ass.

Doubtful, although we may see a lot of the OSU/UM game being replayed the week following in the Big Ten title game.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Anyone catch the introductory presser in Ann Arbor? Harbaugh in front of a mic comes off like a clueless dipsh!t

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
[QUOTE='78;n139904]Anyone catch the introductory presser in Ann Arbor? Harbaugh in front of a mic comes off like a clueless dipsh!t [/QUOTE]
I watched some of his final press conference at SF on Sunday. He looked like he had no idea what was going on. All his answers were evasive and he'd stare off into space like he was on drugs.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n139912 said:
I watched some of his final press conference at SF on Sunday. He looked like he had no idea what was going on. All his answers were evasive and he'd stare off into space like he was on drugs.

:exactly:

Did he go to school when I did?

:lol:

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, I can't help but try and imagine how well that space cadet demeanor would resonate in living rooms in Florida and the Deep South.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Gatoravatara;n139956 said:
Eccentrics are often brilliant.

That doesn't necessarily mean they relate well with people or communicate well, both essential elements of successful coaching. I'm not saying Harbaugh doesn't possess either skill, but I beg anyone to watch this video and tell me they don't come away with the impression that he's a bit ... off. Maybe Harbaugh just needs some polish on his public speaking skills. You'd think by now he'd be more comfortable in front of a microphone and camera.

http://espn.go.com/college-football...introduced-michigan-wolverines-football-coach

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Gatoravatara;n139963 said:
Its all about the Ws. If you are winning you could be weirdo from hell, and all is good. If you are losing you could be the good ole boy from heaven and still get crushed from the boos.

Unfortunately, I lived in Michigan for a while. I'm convinced everyone from Michigan is stupid.

Les-Miles-Clap.jpg

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
[QUOTE='78;n139904]Anyone catch the introductory presser in Ann Arbor? Harbaugh in front of a mic comes off like a clueless dipsh!t [/QUOTE]

Not sure about the opening presser, but I noticed at the basketball game, here he is making his glorious return to his alma mater, being virtually worshipped by fans, with cameras everywhere to document this historic moment....and nobody--wife, family, colleagues---bothers to tell him that his tie is 5 inches below his belt? Terrible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator