Harris accuser withdraws complaint

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Alagator;n75532 said:
HOLY geeeezzzeeee!!! You're not starting with this IDIOTIC redshirt business again. At this point the only thing I can surmise is that you are trolling. NO ONE who follows college football could be as clueless on this redshirt situation as you.

So you're saying he won't take a medical redshirt ?:crazy:

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
jereed16;n75597 said:
My guess is she still thinks something bad happened or she would have just dropped the complaint all together (not saying I feel that way; heaven knows I don't want to be lumped-in with the ass hats on a message board, that would really be a buzz kill). I also think that Huntley Johnson's statement showed her just how ugly this thing will be if she presses forward. It wouldn't be just Treon's name that gets drug through the gutter. At that point, she weighed the benefits of pressing the accusation. She's already tarnished Treon if it did happen and she doesn't face any more scrutiny herself this way.

Even though they probably wouldn't charge her criminally for PC reasons that was the best way for her to do it and not possibly open herself up for a charge if she was lying about what happened.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gatoravatara;n75633 said:
I think everybody wanted to throw the book at him if he was guilty. If she recanted, then I think everybody wanted him to be in the LSU game. Really the only points of contention were:

1) Was Bernie too PC in his statement.
2) Were people implying accuser was a slut.
3) Does drunk sex = rape
4) The medical redshirt issue

Compared to the Criminoles we look like classy straight shooters who care more than about football. Outsiders can not say anything about how we handled the situation. We are coming out smelling like roses with everyone knowing we run a clean program. I'm proud to be a Gator.
There isn't a single poster here who wouldn't want him convicted if he were guilty. That's not what I'm talking about. There were plenty of "no means no," and "if alcohol was involved, it was rape," type people here eagerly manning their torches and pitchforks. To all those people I enthusiastically say GFY.

HogtownGator

It's Great to be a CCW
Aug 8, 2014
I think you're overstating what some on here said, Z. The alcohol involvement came from the code of student conduct, and it did spiral into a ton of nonsensical debate far removed from the issue at hand (which was never rape). I didn't see anyone here rushing to judgement with a pitchfork and a torch. Actually, for an anonymous public forum on a pretty heated issue, I thought this board was a pretty even-handed and fairly supportive of both TH and alleged victim while waiting for facts. Bottom line: yes means yes and TH is back.

PaulDrake

Della Street's Baby Daddy
Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
What's being lost here is what the accuser may have done regarding females who have a real complaint. Despite all that we know now there is still an element here that only Treon and her knows and that no one else will ever know. I can accept that and I hope she withdrew her complaint out of reflection and not pressure from outside influences. If this was something she did out of anger and jealousy and without thinking and made a serious accusation that never transpired she has contributed to an atmosphere of pressure against females that have a real issue, concern, or justifiable complaint against an attacker. She has made it just a little bit harder for those to come forward. As the father of a daughter that is continuously on my mind in these matters. But after reading the NYT article about Jameis Winston it is obvious to me the victim there has been railroaded. All one can do at the point is shake you head.....

Turk182

Founding Member
Just don't care anymore
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
PaulDrake;n75775 said:
What's being lost here is what the accuser may have done regarding females who have a real complaint. Despite all that we know now there is still an element here that only Treon and her knows and that no one else will ever know. I can accept that and I hope she withdrew her complaint out of reflection and not pressure from outside influences. If this was something she did out of anger and jealousy and without thinking and made a serious accusation that never transpired she has contributed to an atmosphere of pressure against females that have a real issue, concern, or justifiable complaint against an attacker. She has made it just a little bit harder for those to come forward. As the father of a daughter that is continuously on my mind in these matters. But after reading the NYT article about Jameis Winston it is obvious to me the victim there has been railroaded. All one can do at the point is shake you head.....

+

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
PaulDrake;n75775 said:

The evidence indicates that pressure was at least part of the reason for withdrawing. If so I hope that no threats were issued by anybody and the idea of having an aggressive lawyer made her think that a reasonable person would not believe her and would believe him.

Now lets make some assumptions. There exists evidence some very objective that they were happy together prior to the issue happening, she went to his room by her own violation, seems like from a criminal point of view this is not going to work well for her.

Now from a code of conduct if she was under the influence, he is guilty. We don't know if that was the case. I hope not.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
The best for this incident is that it was consensual and she made a vengeful accusation. That way she won't have that
internal PTSD struggle to have to deal with.

Scott512

Sep 1, 2014
rogdochar;n76206 said:
The best for this incident is that it was consensual and she made a vengeful accusation. That way she won't have that
internal PTSD struggle to have to deal with.
Rog, that is the best case scenario for Treon. But UF is left with this embarrassing story to deal with. :facepalm: We will never know what really happened between them and I would understand if she just threw her hands up and said the hell with dealing with this and all the crap that has and will come her way and withdrawing her complaint. My complaint is also with Harris. What, sleeping, doing his homework or playing with himself was out of the question? LMAO! Did he not learn from the Winston affair? Way to go Treon you used real leadership there. Way to stay down and chill. How is he going to be after he starts and wins a big game? Better hide the girls! ;) And if it was consensual sex he could have said "no". I realize the Winston situation was worse and UF handled it much better than FSU did but Treon should have learned from Jameis and his situation. He did not. I don't get it.

As for the girl if it can be proven she filed a false complaint then she shoud be expelled from UF and have some kind of charges filed against her. But I do not expect that to happen for fear of what the reaction of women's groups would be.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I don't see how anyone on here can honestly blame Treon for having sex. Half of you probably had drunken sex at least once in college. BTW, the claims are no one was impaired. You can only blame Treon for his choice in women. Hell, we've all had a girl where we looked by and said "I was a dumbass".

Does anyone know if the police report will become public? Or does her withdrawal prevent the report from becoming public?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.