Harrison on Kaminsky..."F*** that N*****"

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/outkick-the-coverage/andrew-harrison-on-frank-kaminsky-f-that-n-040415

So when a reporter asks about Wisconsin's Frank Kaminsky and you're Andrew Harrison and you just lost a tough, hard-fought game and the dorkiest looking guy in Indianapolis dominated all night, it's probably best not to say, "F--- that n----." http://www.foxsports.com/college-fo...ew-harrison-on-frank-kaminsky-f-that-n-040415
http://www.foxsports.com/college-fo...ew-harrison-on-frank-kaminsky-f-that-n-040415

It's not entirely clear if Kaminsky was the intended target of Harrison's muffled words, but the comment came right after a reporter directed a question about Kaminsky toward Kentucky's Karl-Anthony Towns: "Karl, could you talk about Kaminsky and what if anything is unique about defending him?"

Imagine if Kaminsky had said this about Harrison's brother, Aaron, last year after that killer 3-pointer that eliminated the Badgers in the 2014 national semifinals. Kaminsky would have been executed by a social media mob. Perhaps literally.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
"Harrison reached out to Kaminsky late Saturday night to apologize for his actions. He will not be disciplined by Kentucky for the incident. "

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I guess I'll just leave this here. It's only the 4th time this article has been posted today in 4 different threads. 3 of which I sent to the political forum because that's where they really belong.:facepalm:

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I'm going to respectfully disagree and say the thread belongs in the main forum because it involved an act of bigotry on the game's biggest amateur stage. The simple fact is basketball, a game invented by whites and formerly dominated by white players, has evolved into a sport of uber-wealthy African Americans, many of whom have achieved such international fame as to become known on a first-name basis. Toward that end, it's assumed the best players in the world are black (with occasional exceptions) and that the best teams are those that are most successful in combining the talents of the best black players. That's not a racist statement, it's a fact all of us know and which Andrew Harrison knows, too.

Harrison was simply slurring his way toward articulating (if that's what you can call it) what everyone else was thinking last night (including this board based on several posts), of how unlikely it was that a team dominated by white players could conquer an unbeaten team of opposite racial composition and which was generally recognized as the best in America. Harrison committed the ultimate act of reverse discrimination in the process, making it a sports story with a plot and an underlying subplot but a sports story nonetheless.

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Would it be small of me to say, "Thanks, Obama" at this point?

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n204000 said:
"Harrison reached out to Kaminsky late Saturday night to apologize for his actions. He will not be disciplined by Kentucky for the incident. "

Probably more likely he is no longer a UK student and will go to the NBA.

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r;n204027 said:
I guess I'll just leave this here. It's only the 4th time this article has been posted today in 4 different threads. 3 of which I sent to the political forum because that's where they really belong.:facepalm:

It can be a political topic, but I think the black entitlement topic is probably better left to the Duke incident where a noose was hung in a tree, and the University is withholding the name of the student. Many are speculating that the student is in fact black and it's a repeat of an event in the late 90's, where black students faked a hate act.

This particular article is more about the UK/Calipari era. These kids felt so entitled that when they lose to whitey, they have so little discipline that they say ******. It is what you would expect from a Calipari program. It is also what you would expect from one and doners who couldn't get it done in one or two.

The main point is.....stay classy Wildcats. Don't take away our opportunity to piss on UK in their time of tragedy. Let us belittle them and celebrate their every graceless act. **** UK

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Everyone knows if he was white, no amount of apologies would have sufficed. Reporters would have been scanning the internet, talking to casual acquaintances, and digging through garbage to make it a much larger deal. To show a pattern of personal hatred and racism or tacit approval of institutionalized racism by the university. It's sad this is where we are.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
[QUOTE='78;n204048]I'm going to respectfully disagree and say the thread belongs in the main forum because it involved an act of bigotry on the game's biggest amateur stage. The simple fact is basketball, a game invented by whites and formerly dominated by white players, has evolved into a sport of uber-wealthy African Americans, many of whom have achieved such international fame as to become known on a first-name basis. Toward that end, it's assumed the best players in the world are black (with occasional exceptions) and that the best teams are those that are most successful in combining the talents of the best black players. That's not a racist statement, it's a fact all of us know and which Andrew Harrison knows, too.

Harrison was simply slurring his way toward articulating (if that's what you can call it) what everyone else was thinking last night (including this board based on several posts), of how unlikely it was that a team dominated by white players could conquer an unbeaten team of opposite racial composition and which was generally recognized as the best in America. Harrison committed the ultimate act of reverse discrimination in the process, making it a sports story with a plot and an underlying subplot but a sports story nonetheless.[/QUOTE]

:tard:

I admit it. I said it.

However, I'm disgusted at how the media continues to just pretend like this is no big deal and boys will be boys.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
crosscreekcooter;n204095 said:
While Harrison made an error in judgement, he apologized. In the end, it's really just a word. It ain't that big of a deal.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFd_3QyUDPA
I agree with the sentiment but it's the reverse discrimination that has always bothered me. I do like the idea of Wisconsin, with zero MAC Americans defeating Kentucky with 10 MAC's. Whose the best coach -- the "Hall of Famer" Callipari or Ryan? Another bozo blunder by the committee.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
oxking;n204129 said:
I agree with the sentiment but it's the reverse discrimination that has always bothered me. I do like the idea of Wisconsin, with zero MAC Americans defeating Kentucky with 10 MAC's. Whose the best coach -- the "Hall of Famer" Callipari or Ryan? Another bozo blunder by the committee.
Me too. I love the fckn underdog no matter the color. But let us be honest. The term n***** is and has always been used to make one class of Americans feel like they are less than human. It was used like a hammer when they had no power or very little. When the twin used it on Kaminsky it carried none of that history or power. It was the superstar, who knew they would win 40 lashing out at the one who made it impossible.......I have no doubt, at that moment , he hated Kaminsky for his height, color, skills and humility. You could tell he loves Calimari because he said they lost because he did not follow what Cal said at times........To his Credit Cal called him out and said the blame belonged with himself.
The not shaking hands was the really classless thing he did.

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxking;n204129 said:

it's not reverse discrimination, it's just discrimination. Reverse discrimination was coined to diminish any actions against straight white males. The term reverse discrimination is in fact, discriminatory in its own existence.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb