Has anyone wondered why Mac wanted to leave UF?

amber1

Sep 1, 2017
I have never seen that point debated on any site as to why he wanted to leave. It was pretty obvious the last two week of his tenure here.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
It's been alluded to many times. He rubbed a lot of people the wrong way and they finally started rubbing back. He was all hat/no cattle but walked around like he was JR Ewing with an unearned feeling of entitlement.

GatorSteve

Founding Member
Lounge Lizard
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
I have read a few stories that he had been complaining to people within the athletic department about what he perceived as a lack of appreciation for his accomplishments from fans. I think that was the beef on his end.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
He realized that the job was too big for him and wanted to get out before he was exposed even more than he had been already. He had already lost most of the fanbase and had a rift with the administration, he could see the writing on the wall.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
A few months ago I started a thread on here about a high ranking member of athletic assocoation who resigned and took another job... He'd been here 28 years...One of the reasons he left (not the only reason but a MAJOR component) was he couldn't stand Mac. Many in the AA felt that way.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Don’t let the door hit you in the ass on he way out Mac... made millions and didn’t meet the job description... pretty kewl loser

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I started a thread several months back... Here is what I said when I started the thread...

So... many of you know that a long time employee of the Florida Athletic Department (Chip Howard) and right hand man to Jeremy Foley recently resigned. I recently spoke to someone who is very close to him (and this person has given me little tidbits about the Gator program because of their close affiliation with him). I specifically asked WHY Chip resigned and if it had anything to do with the new AD.?.

The short answer to my direct question is NO. It had nothing to do with the new AD. They then went on to elaborate and said first of all, that he had been there 28 years and that was a long time to be in one stop and that the demands of his job were keeping him away from his young children too much. So this was a new opportunity to spend a little more time with family. The SECOND THING said is what really intrigued me. They said that Coach Mac is driving the Athletic Department higher ups absolutely crazy. He is VERY demanding and wants what he wants and wants it NOW!

He is pushing HARD, to the point of really rubbing people the wrong way, for upgrades to the facilities, coaching, and support staff. They said Mac wants ALL the bells and whistles in the new facility and then said something else... They said he's IS NOT going to get EVERYTHING he wants Mac is gonna be pissed and give them holy hell.

So.... I'm one who is and has been on the fence about Coach Mac. I see the state of the program he inherited for what is what...an absolute dumpster fire. I see he has made headway with some hires, some offensive talent, etc. But I am also very disgusted with our lack of offense and am unsatisfied with our recruiting as a whole, and embarrassing blowout losses... I'm hoping he can turn it around but I'm not confident enough in him that he will.

But to the point of this posts... Mac is really rubbing people in Athletic Department the wrong way...To the point of, if not directly causing it, at least making it easier for them to resign. My question to you is, do you think that's a good thing or a bad thing???

I think he rubbed a lot of people the wrong way... and he was no SOS... so they started pushing back.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Apparently after his blowout victory over juggernaut Iowa he immediately went out and said that maybe the administration will start supporting him. I'm sure stuff like that really chipped away at the ground he stood on

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I have read a few stories that he had been complaining to people within the athletic department about what he perceived as a lack of appreciation for his accomplishments from fans. I think that was the beef on his end.
what accomplishments?

Chomper

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2014
Winning 2 SEC East titles was the beginning of the end. In his mind, he had reached the top, his ticket was punched, and he felt entitled. And when he found that he needed to have that ticket punched every season, he didn't think it was fair. And big money makes many people lazy. He appeared to me to be lazy.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I assume Mac got a tour of campus before he was hired. He certainly would've known the facilities situation before being brought on. Did he really expect that stuff to move swiftly? It never does.

Foley never should have left the facilities rot away for as long as he did.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I have never seen that point debated on any site as to why he wanted to leave. It was pretty obvious the last two week of his tenure here.
He needs someplace where they accept losers. Tinerc would be perfect.

If your people accept plunger rapers, they'd love a sharkhumper I'm sure.

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
Winning 2 SEC East titles was the beginning of the end. In his mind, he had reached the top, his ticket was punched, and he felt entitled. And when he found that he needed to have that ticket punched every season, he didn't think it was fair. And big money makes many people lazy. He appeared to me to be lazy.[/QUOTE]

you mean summers in Montana doesn't equal fall success on the field?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.