Has Muschamp been fired yet?

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
HogtownGator;n78110 said:
Technically that's true, WM doesn't have anything to worry about -- he'll be leaving with a big bag of $$.

I am just scared he could go 0-4 against Georgia and 1-7 against our 2 biggest rivals and still be retained at 7-4. That would be a joke.

KCgator

Superhero
Sep 7, 2014
Gator Fever;n78096 said:
Zach Abolverdi@ZachAbolverdi UF commit Jerome Baker spoke to Jeremy Foley on visit. "He said coach Muschamp doesn't have anything to worry about. He assured me of that."

Foley has also been putting it out there that he remains at 7-4 it appears.

He is guaranteed to lose at least 3 more games. Book it.

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Gator Fever;n78096 said:
Zach Abolverdi@ZachAbolverdi UF commit Jerome Baker spoke to Jeremy Foley on visit. "He said coach Muschamp doesn't have anything to worry about. He assured me of that."

Foley has also been putting it out there that he remains at 7-4 it appears.

The AD is not going to a recruiting anything about Muschamp's future.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Gator Fever;n78111 said:
I am just scared he could go 0-4 against Georgia and 1-7 against our 2 biggest rivals and still be retained at 7-4. That would be a joke.

Fever, I'm not sure I see 4 more wins this year. Despite other teams troubles we seem obliged to play down to even less talented teams that are coming off severe ass whippings such as the LSU game. Mizzou will be no different. We will blow 2 or 3 pass coverages, probably by Poole, Gorman or Maye, giving them 17-21 points, then struggle mightily on offense, with the same WR'S dropping passes and running Matt Jones into a stacked box, as we did against UT and probably lose 21-17 or 17-14.....I've seen enough to know the script. Vandy might be a win if we get a few blown calls by the officials.....USCe and FSU, forget about it.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Speaking of firings... has Kiffin been fired yet?
sabandad.0.gif

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
So I suggest you wipe that stupid smile off your face before I come over there and SMACK it off! You feeling strong, my friend? Call me elf one more time.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n78216 said:
So I suggest you wipe that stupid smile off your face before I come over there and SMACK it off! You feeling strong, my friend? Call me elf one more time.

:giggle:

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Actually... Saban doesnt say a word. Not a single word. But Kiffy never shuts up. Just like my toddler when I bust her red handed.

dubster1

Chip Kelly is a done deal
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
Concrete Helmet;n78197 said:
Fever, I'm not sure I see 4 more wins this year. Despite other teams troubles we seem obliged to play down to even less talented teams that are coming off severe ass whippings such as the LSU game. Mizzou will be no different. We will blow 2 or 3 pass coverages, probably by Poole, Gorman or Maye, giving them 17-21 points, then struggle mightily on offense, with the same WR'S dropping passes and running Matt Jones into a stacked box, as we did against UT and probably lose 21-17 or 17-14.....I've seen enough to know the script. Vandy might be a win if we get a few blown calls by the officials.....USCe and FSU, forget about it.

+10000

Gator87

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Here's some video of our illustrious leader during his playing days. Watch at 3:09, now I know why we can't cover anybody, take a close look who's partially covering the receiver. Also look at 5:16, down 14-0, he's running his mouth at Doering after a tackle where no catch was made.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
KCgator;n78112 said:
He is guaranteed to lose at least 3 more games. Book it.

I'm usually a huge supporter, Foley, but my God. Not only are we wallowing in a mess that you created, but now we're speaking in absolutes to a HS recruit, in hopes that we can keep him in the fold??? And it's basically an acknowledgement that you either lied to the fans in your recent Muschamp statement, or are now lying to a 17 year old. This is just providing perfect ammunition for Meyer to use to swipe him away(was a real possibility anyway).

And yeah, I'm in agreement KC. Assuming that 7 wins is the threshold, where exactly does he see these 4 more wins coming? Mizz is basically a pick'em, and Usce will be as well. And there's no one on this board that would be utterly shocked to see us drop the VU game on the road, especially if we're sliding at that point. There is exactly 1 more sure win, a likely win, 2 likely losses and some tossups. Thinking that somehow 7 wins is safe, is ludicrous.

G 2

Founding Member
Gator Great
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n78410 said:
I'm usually a huge supporter, Foley, but my God. Not only are we wallowing in a mess that you created, but now we're speaking in absolutes to a HS recruit, in hopes that we can keep him in the fold??? And it's basically an acknowledgement that you either lied to the fans in your recent Muschamp statement, or are now lying to a 17 year old. This is just providing perfect ammunition for Meyer to use to swipe him away(was a real possibility anyway).

And yeah, I'm in agreement KC. Assuming that 7 wins is the threshold, where exactly does he see these 4 more wins coming? Mizz is basically a pick'em, and Usce will be as well. And there's no one on this board that would be utterly shocked to see us drop the VU game on the road, especially if we're sliding at that point. There is exactly 1 more sure win, a likely win, 2 likely losses and some tossups. Thinking that somehow 7 wins is safe, is ludicrous.

Muschamp should be putting up a body of work that he can be proud to stand on and that there isn't a question of his job being in jeopardy. Its sad when your recruiting ability comes down to your boss having to guarantee your job security. And I agree, Foley is lying to someone.

PaulDrake

Della Street's Baby Daddy
Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Gator87;n78385 said:
Here's some video of our illustrious leader during his playing days. Watch at 3:09, now I know why we can't cover anybody, take a close look who's partially covering the receiver. Also look at 5:16, down 14-0, he's running his mouth at Doering after a tackle where no catch was made.

OMG. That's when we had a REAL football team. What a juggernaut we had. That's when opposing teams came to play in the swamp and they wet their pants just walking onto the field. Now opposing teams thinks its a holiday on the beach with an easy win. I'll say this though, Muschamp got a front row seat to what a real powerhouse football team is supposed to look like. So you can't say he doesn't know what Gator nation expects. And yeah, no wonder his secondary sucks because he couldn't cover his lap with a napkin apparently.

Now I'm only angrier that he's our coach. My blood pressure just went up 10 points again.....

dubster1

Chip Kelly is a done deal
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
Gator87;n78385 said:

ahhh the glory days! i get a little misty eyed

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator