Has there ever been a coach on a hotter hot seat?

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Can anybody think of any examples of coaches who were as despised by their own fan base as Muschamp?
Not being tied into the fan bases anywhere else I'm wondering. What makes our situation unique is seemingly how long and how polarized we are against Champ. UTenn wanted to get rid of Phil for a long time but I don't think with as much voracity. Ray Goff? Weiss at ND? Who's in the top 5

G 2

Founding Member
Gator Great
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Honestly he shouldn't even have a seat at this point. But I guess the pieces of saw dust are barely holding hands at this point, keeping it together.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Rich Kotite and Ray Handley.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
GatorGrad;n93074 said:
Doug Dickey

You read my mind GatorGrad. I hated Dickey almost as bad as Muschamp but Will is closing the gap rather fast.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
As an outsider I thought Mack Browns was red hot for a while, but Texas is a funny place

CapitalGator02

Founding Member
( . Y . )
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
Brady Hoke is sitting on a grill. He has pile-driven Meatchicken straight into the ground. Pretty much where they belong if you ask me

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I'm putting ox and his moderators on the hot seat

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
How about Darrell Mudra "Dr. Victory" at Florida State. Went 1-10 and 3-8 1974-75 for an overall record of 4-18. Was the only head coach I know of that coached from the pressbox and not from the sideline.

Larry "chicken wire" Jones was also pretty unpopular in Tallahassee.

Terry Bowden, "Buster Brown" was popular his first couple of years at Auburn but Bobby Lawder couldn't stand him.

Gene Cheesitz ( I know it's Chizik) was disliked by a lot of Auburnites from day one, but as long as he had Cammy the Wal-Marts couldn't keep toilet paper in stock.

Bama fans didn't cotton to Mike Price especially after he embarassed them by hanging out with strippers in Pensacola.

Houston Nutt the Arkansas reject was not liked too good in Oxford, Mississippi after the Rebels lost to Jacksonville State (Alabama).

​

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Bama fans despised Bill Curry even though he won many games. He was not a bama man.

Mudd

Lurker
Aug 19, 2014
Ask Michigan, I bet they would trade Hoke for muschamp right now. Kind of like how we would trade Muschamp for a nice watermelon that we could fit a headset on.

dphgator96

Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
stephenPE;n93203 said:
Bama fans despised Bill Curry even though he won many games. He was not a bama man.

Didn't he get the old brick through the home window treatment?

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
May need to find a college coach that was hated and also played on your team's main rival as a player to equal Muschamp.

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Curry got the brick through the office window after the Ol Miss loss. I think he pulled a Kiffen and moved outta town at midnite.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.