Heard Peyton on the Radio Yesterday

Alvin York

Founding Member
Ultimate Gator Nemesis
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I didn't pay any attention to name of the Program. Peyton was asked about the 2014 season. In a monotone voice he made the very conventional response of staying the course, continuing their strengths and learning from their weaknesses. He didn't mention winning the MVP and having the most dominant team in the regular season only to get blown out in the Super Bowl. Its so depressing. The pathos is beyond words. All I keep seeing in my head is that ball sailing of Peyton's head on the first play of the Super Bowl. My heart springs hope and faith but my head whispers that was his last hurrah.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
You apparently know nothing about Peyton and the Manning work ethic.

8802Gator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
[video=youtube;hIaknybP3Ig]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIaknybP3Ig[/video]

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
No he already failed in his last hurrah when he's lost too Florida.

sub1ime

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n2821 said:
No he already failed in his last hurrah when he's lost too Florida.
This, Whatever Peyton Manning does in his pro career, he can never escape his college days and forget the fact that Florida owns him. Well, unless he wins a couple more championships which we all know he won't do because of his choking habit.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Florida owned him but if you look at what he has done against Brady head to head since Brady's last Super Bowl win he clearly has had the upper hand.

Turk182

Founding Member
Just don't care anymore
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Give potato head his due, he may well be the greatest regular season QB in NFL history.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Turk182;n2837 said:
Give potato head his due, he may well be the greatest regular season QB in NFL history.
Nope. Still Marino.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
When Peyton goes to bed, he looks under his bed for Richard Sherman.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Peyton is one of the very few reasons I bother to watch the NFL and it's money grubbing hoodlums and owners. I realize we owned him in his college days, but **** that was eons ago. He is a good ole Southern boy from a great family who had a terrible time with multiple neck surgeries and is lucky to be able to play at all.
He was on Letterman last week and was talking about how the nerves to his arm were totally screwed up and he had to learn how to throw again and without the arm strength he had before. He also really appreciates the game and the privilege of still being able to play. He said the nerves were still coming back.

playzwtrux

Founding Member
Wait,... what?
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
LagoonGator68 said:
Peyton is one of the very few reasons I bother to watch the NFL and it's money grubbing hoodlums and owners. I realize we owned him in his college days, but **** that was eons ago. He is a good ole Southern boy from a great family who had a terrible time with multiple neck surgeries and is lucky to be able to play at all.
He was on Letterman last week and was talking about how the nerves to his arm were totally screwed up and he had to learn how to throw again and without the arm strength he had before. He also really appreciates the game and the privilege of still being able to play. He said the nerves were still coming back.
Please post more often and don't ever change your avatar. +1

Alvin York

Founding Member
Ultimate Gator Nemesis
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
LagoonGator68;n2853 said:

I's true. Peyton is a good ole Southern boy from the First Family of the NFL. It's amazing how he's overcome serious neurological problems to excel in the regular season of the NFL. Manning didn't enter the NFL to be a leading citizen and role model. He took his skills to the next level to win Super Bowls and secure his place in the Hall of Fame. Unfortunately for his legions of Vol fans it appears he'll end his career with only one Vince Lombardi Trophy.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Fvkk all Voles and the plungers they rode in on.

Dugaboy

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I really hope it is not Peyton's last hurrah. The kid is a good passer for a passing quarterback. He is a winner; but.....in big games, something gets in his head and it isn't Archie or Spurrier. I am sure it is the reality that, he turned down UF to go to UT because he didn't want to play behind Danny. Big decision....he is good to watch, but I agree with others that Marino is my ultimate NFL quarterback...

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
He's not a bad guy and he's one of the greatest to ever play the game. But he's a volunteer. Maybe some of you have forgotten how heated that rivalry was.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb