Hello....and a funny thing happened while buying a used car

Treebeard

Oops, just stepped on a Lorax.
Lifetime Member
Dec 23, 2015
Hello ladies and gents. Longtime lurker (8+years), but first time poster. Proud Supporting Member however, because I appreciate everything that you all put in to the site. I learn plenty of things here, some of which I may not really want to know...!

Anyway, I finally have a reason to break down and post something. (And to avoid seeing "who's that guy?" for the upcoming birthday thread!)

Bought a used car a couple of weeks ago from one of the small independent lots here in Ocala. Small office, but the salesman (Bob) had an office with an inside window that has a nice etching of the Gator logo, about 2 feet wide. We were talking about it while working on the papers, and he told us this story:

A guy calls him about a maroon SUV posted on the website for the lot. Asks a few questions, and then says "hold on to it, I'll be there in the morning. I'm coming from Tallahassee, to get it for my mother. The next morning the guy walks in to pick up the car. He sees the Gator logo on the window and says "Are you a Gator fan?" Bob says yes. The guy puffs up and says "Well I am Sandy so-and-so, assistant athletic director at FSU. And I don't do business with Gator fans." He turns around and walks out.

The thought of that arrogant SOB trying to buy a used car for his mother - and making a 6 hour round trip from Tallahassee for nothing - brings a smile to my face!

Let the 'nole bashing commence...:chomp:

Last edited:

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
noles gonna nole. Can't say I'm shocked. He's probably due for a promotion at that fine institution.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I wasn't aware Noles ever offered to pay when they shopped.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Tallycrappy is a chit-hole village.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
Hello ladies and gents. Longtime lurker (8+years), but first time poster. Proud Supporting Member however, because I appreciate everything that you all put in to site. I learn plenty of things here, some of which I may not really want to know...!

Anyway, I finally have a reason to break down and post something. (And to avoid seeing "who's that guy?" for the upcoming birthday thread!)

Bought a used car a couple of weeks ago from one of the small independent lots here in Ocala. Small office, but the salesman (Bob) had an office with an inside window that has a nice etching of the Gator logo, about 2 feet wide. We were talking about it while working on the papers, and he told us this story:

A guy calls him about a maroon SUV posted on the website for the lot. Asks a few questions, and then says "hold on to it, I'll be there in the morning. I'm coming from Tallahassee, to get it for my mother. The next morning the guy walks in to pick up the car. He sees the Gator logo on the window and says "Are you a Gator fan?" Bob says yes. The guy puffs up and says "Well I am Sandy so-and-so, assistant athletic director at FSU. And I don't do business with Gator fans." He turns around and walks out.

The thought of that arrogant SOB trying to buy a used car for his mother - and making a 6 hour round trip from Tallahassee for nothing - brings a smile to my face!

Probably ended up buying a KIA

latest

Maxxodd

Chill Winston
Lifetime Member
Dec 2, 2015
The thought of that arrogant SOB trying to buy a used car for his mother - and making a 6 hour round trip from Tallahassee for nothing

Prerty good example of cutting off your nose to spite your face.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
That FSU alum is so sensitive he needs a barf-bag to lick an air-mail stamp.

A 'Nole RVer called out to his 'Nole wife : "Hon, Bill and Mary are coming by for lunch. Better double
that recipe." … "I can't this oven doesn't go up to 700 degrees."

When an FSU grad names his newborn son after his father, he calls him Daddy.

What's the tragedy when you have a dozen FSU-grads at the beach buried up to their necks ?….
… a sand shortage.

I'd call any FSU-grad a pinhead but there's no point.

Last edited:

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Should have offered him some crab legs to go with that vehicle. But then again he's probably pay in Ruffies.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Post more, Treebeard, even though we know it takes a longtime to say anything in Olde Entish.

heavychevy

water bottle holder
Sep 8, 2014
poor fella knew he was going to have to negotiate with someone who could "work maths."

Lake Gator

SUBMARINERS GO DEEPER
Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016
Hello ladies and gents. Longtime lurker (8+years), but first time poster. Proud Supporting Member however, because I appreciate everything that you all put in to site. I learn plenty of things here, some of which I may not really want to know...!

An Ent-tirely well Orc-estrated post, Tree.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
six hour drive? Must take the old bastard an hour and a half to get out of bed in the morning.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Well thanks for finally going out on a limb, Tree. Welcome and post more for more
fun for you & us.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Welcome Treebeard! Great story about a cheap ass Nole.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.