Henry Ruggs III

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
The Gators have been recruiting him hard. The 4* is rated the 25th best WR in the nation by 247Sports. Unfortunately, it appears that he definitely wants to attend home state Alabama and all the predictions are 100% Tide.

However, Alabama already has 14 WRs on the roster that should be there next season. In addition they already have commitments from #4 WR Jerry Jeudy and #15 WR Tyrell Shavers. It also appears that #9 WR Devonta Smith is going to commit to Bama soon.

I know Bama is famous for cutting unproductive players, but they are still subject to scholarship restrictions. They currently have 26 commits and they still have a lot of highly ranked players that want to commit. I just don't think they will have room in this class for Ruggs.

Hopefully, that is good news for the Gators.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It looks like we led for him at one point. But my understanding he is Bama all the way.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
Does it really matter how many players Bama have at particular positions? They will get whoever they want. Whether it's Saban and his guilt tripping ass or payments, cars, fake jobs for parents......it doesn't matter.

You wonder why SEC football and football in general has taken a dip? It's largely due to Saban. Not saying any program is clean but the NCAA/SEC's refusal to take a look at that program has completely ruined football. What's the point of watching year in and year out when ultimately the championship will be someone vs Alabama....

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
You know, Bama repetitively getting the #1 recruiting class every year is not the whole reveal of the
problem with CFB today. It is that you could divide Sabin's class in half and both halves would compete
at being #1. That is outlandishly unbalanced such that many comment that going against Bama is like
facing an NFL team, a professional team?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yaaaayyyy leftovers again. At least we finished second for Jeudy.

GatorAuthor

Bringing Prestige Worldwide
Feb 24, 2016
That's a LOT of whining and excuse-making in posts #4 and #5. We just need to keep our UF nose to the grindstone.

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
So we are supposed to be excited about getting a Alabama reject? Don't get me wrong I'll take him but damn

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Does it really matter how many players Bama have at particular positions? They will get whoever they want. Whether it's Saban and his guilt tripping ass or payments, cars, fake jobs for parents......it doesn't matter.

You wonder why SEC football and football in general has taken a dip? It's largely due to Saban. Not saying any program is clean but the NCAA/SEC's refusal to take a look at that program has completely ruined football. What's the point of watching year in and year out when ultimately the championship will be someone vs Alabama....

You are speaking my language with this. I have said for the last two years that Saban and Bama are ruining the SEC.

I don't begrudge the success, I resent the way they are achieving it.
They have the best coach and great tradition but that is not enough for the cheaters, they insist on lining the pockets of every person that ever even met a five star player so they continue to stack them up. They couple tjis with the FSU approach to law and order.
When a job in the SEC opens, the top flight coaches are not stupid, they see the cheating and the lack of accountability both from the NCAA as well as the "lapdog" SEC. It would take every bit of an hour to find enough evidence to put Bama on major probation but that will never happen in today's environment when they own and operate the conference.

If there is any interest in addressing this, you could start by moving the conference office out of Saban's office to maybe Atlanta or somewhere other than Bama's backyard.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
You are speaking my language with this. I have said for the last two years that Saban and Bama are ruining the SEC.

I don't begrudge the success, I resent the way they are achieving it.
They have the best coach and great tradition but that is not enough for the cheaters, they insist on lining the pockets of every person that ever even met a five star player so they continue to stack them up. They couple tjis with the FSU approach to law and order.
When a job in the SEC opens, the top flight coaches are not stupid, they see the cheating and the lack of accountability both from the NCAA as well as the "lapdog" SEC. It would take every bit of an hour to find enough evidence to put Bama on major probation but that will never happen in today's environment when they own and operate the conference.

If there is any interest in addressing this, you could start by moving the conference office out of Saban's office to maybe Atlanta or somewhere other than Bama's backyard.

Isn't the SEC Commish also a Bammer? Thought I heard/read that somewhere... If true, things won't change until we get a new SEC Commish. Even then, it'll be a tough row to hoe to change the culture of the SEC allowing Bama to do and get away with anything they want. Even the Refs are in on it. Just look at Bama's Offensive holding calls vs every other team in the SEC.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Yaaaayyyy leftovers again. At least we finished second for Jeudy.
It truly is a damn shame when we have to hope for someone else not to have room so we can land a decent recruit.

Last edited:

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
Several of those are walk-ons. 247 sports puts the number of scholarship WRs at 9. Glancing at the list in the link I counted 12.

I actually count 16 now that I went back and looked closer, but I am sure you are right and many are walkons. No way to even tell how many have scholarships from the info on that link. Regardless though, Bama has a lot of WR's on the roster already and several commits. I just don't see any way they still sign Solomon, Parks, Ray, Ruggs and all the other uncommitted athletes that are supposedly Alabama leans. There is just not enough room under the scholarship limits. I think Ruggs ends up at FSU or Florida.

jmskjrgator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
If you are old enough to remember, Bear Bryant made sure he signed 'all' the top running backs so no one else would get them. All NS does is he signs them all at every position, not just RBs. They keep the best and cull out the weak one. They do that really well year after year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.