Here is why Coach Mac will succeed sooner rather than later

westflgator

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Because we have the talent https://florida.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1714733 . If Coach Mac is the developer of talent and the offensive guru that he is said to be, then it won't take much to turn this program around; especially if he can fill the positions of need like OL and LB, and bring in a support staff that is unified and working off that same sheet of music.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Personally, I think he will succeed sooner than later because sooner comes before later.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Jabberdave;n136770 said:
Originally posted by westflgator View Post
:headscratch:

Do you need your rogdochar decoder ring? It really helps.
1329414634_dog_slap.gif

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Recruiting, let's talk about that. Removing the three star fillers, we find that Muskstank recruited the following 4 & 5 star guys (using Rivals rankings as like the OP did):

GOING OR GONE
Jonathan Bullard DE - going
Dante Fowler Jr. DE- going
D.J. Humphries OL-- going the only 5 star offensive player during the Muskstank Error
Jessamen Dunker -- gone
Damien Jacobs DT gone
Matt Jones going
Antonio Morrison LB going
Kent Taylor-- gone
Colin Thompson-- gone
Jeremi Powell DB- gone or is he back for one more year on STs? Who cares, really?
Darious Cummings DT going
Nolan Kelleher OL- gone
Mike Blakely RB gone
Jacoby Brissett QB gone
Jeff Driskel QB going we hope
Jabari Gorman DB gone
A.C. Leonard TE gone
Javares McRoy WR gone
Louchiez Purifoy DB gone
Marcus Roberson DB gone
Graham Stewart LB gone
Ja'Juan Story WR gone
Trip Thurman OL going

THE ONLY POSITION THAT MATTERS
Brian Poole
Marcus Maye DB
Jalen Tabor DB
Vernon Hargreaves III
Marcell Harris DB
Nick Washington DB
J.C. Jackson DB
Duke Dawson DB
Keanu Neal DB
Quincy Wilson DB

THE OTHER POSITION WE SEEMED TO CARE ABOUT
Jaynard Bostwick DT
Caleb Brantley DT
Joey Ivie DE
Jordan Sherit DE
Khairi Clark
Thomas Holley DT
Gerald Willis III DE

THE HOSPITAL WARD
Alex Anzalone LB
Daniel McMillian LB
Matt Rolin LB

THE FEW, THE PROUD, THE OFFENSE
GUYS WHO BLOCK FOR RBs:
Demarcus Robinson WR
Ahmad Fulwood WR
Alvin Bailey WR
Latroy Pittman WR - it's hard for me to imagine that Pittman was 4 star given his lack of catches in hs.
Moral Stephens WR/TE (see above)

RUNNING BACKS:
Brandon Powell RB
Kelvin Taylor RB

THE OTHER RUNNING BACKS:
Treon Harris QB
Will Grier QB

IT'S A LINE OF SCRIMMAGE LEAGUE
David Sharpe OL

Yeah, it's obvious we are poised for greatness and an offensive turnaround is imminent. Maybe we can move some DBs to OL.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
If law can't get you pumped up about Florida football ,damn it I don't know who can

westflgator

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Yes we are in desperate need of help on the OL, which Coach Mac will address in his first couple recruiting cycles. You can take any of those top teams, and many of their 4 and 5 star players would also be gone over the same time period. Those type of players generally go early, or transfer if they aren't getting the playing time they think they deserve. The point of the post is that we have more talent than most according to the recruiting gurus. All teams have graduates, transfers, and players leave early for the Pros. We still have a bunch of talent on this team that never got developed or simply wasn't utilized in an effective scheme.

ntcrze

Founding Member
Banned
Banned
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
Isn't it time to figure out that the number of 'stars' a guy has coming out of high school does not mean they are talented college players? What has been the Gator's worse position the past five years? How many 'stars' and Gatorade Players of the Year etc. has UF had at quarterback? Not one has even been a good player. It's a fantasy that Florida has a lot of talented players. For the past five years, UF has averaged seven wins, that's proof that UF is not that talented. IF UF goes 7-5 next year, will it still be the coaches that are too blame or will it be time to recognize that UF is not as talented as some people keep thinking? Talk about 'sooner or later," that also applies to figuring out that UF's football team is not full of talented players and the reason UF loses is not because of coaching, but is because the other team has better players. How many coaches will it take to figure that out?

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It kind of reminds me of when Zook left. A lot of talent on the team, but there are position groups that are thin or underdeveloped. Attrition on OLine has hurt. We have 2 probable starters (if you believe reports) that are now gone due to injuries. LB is another, and of course QB is a cluster that could turn out ok if Grier develops into a stud.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
ntcrze;n136913 said:
Isn't it time to figure out that the number of 'stars' a guy has coming out of high school does not mean they are talented college players? What has been the Gator's worse position the past five years? How many 'stars' and Gatorade Players of the Year etc. has UF had at quarterback? Not one has even been a good player. It's a fantasy that Florida has a lot of talented players. For the past five years, UF has averaged seven wins, that's proof that UF is not that talented. IF UF goes 7-5 next year, will it still be the coaches that are too blame or will it be time to recognize that UF is not as talented as some people keep thinking? Talk about 'sooner or later," that also applies to figuring out that UF's football team is not full of talented players and the reason UF loses is not because of coaching, but is because the other team has better players. How many coaches will it take to figure that out?

I don't even read your posts. I just assume it's troll bs.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Great info but u need both players and development. Recently we had neither, and the Hbc is responsible, that is why he is gone.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Well Mac certainly has the track record for recruiting and developing talent. So yes, I think UF rebounds sooner rather than later. Definitely will be competitive next year. It will not be a transition such as bUTchugg, etc. To what degree the level of success we'll see. But one thing I do like is Mac's approach to filling his staff, meeting with recruits, etc. He creates some buzz and seems to know what he's doing. And that's a relief after the spastic acting previous HC at UF. At least this offseason will be full of anticipation.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I just like the fact that he has HCing experience. To me that will be the most important thing getting this turned around. Granted UF is not CS but the fact he has already done it at another CFB program has me confident in his plan.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
VulcanAlex;n136922 said:
Great info but u need both players and development. Recently we had neither, and the Hbc is responsible, that is why he is gone.

Very true with regards to the offense.

westflgator

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
ntcrze;n136913 said:

The guys we have were all being recruited by top programs across the country. Do you really think that UF just happen to get all the ones that were overrated? What would the Vegas odds on that be? :scratchchin: It's much more likely that we had a horrible staff at developing and schematically putting those players in a postition to make plays and be successful. That's why I said IF this staff is as good at developing players as they are said to be, and can game plan to put our players in a position to be successful, then we will see a quick turn around because we DO have the talent. Granted we have some depth issues that could setup us back next year, but I trust coach Mac to get those holes filled.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
ntcrze;n136913 said:
All this being said, the SOW was barely able squeak out a win over the Gators at their home erector set. Something tells me a little leadership from the sidelines will make a big difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator