Here is why Coach Mac will succeed sooner rather than later

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Gatorphan;n137094 said:
All this being said, the SOW was barely able squeak out a win over the Gators at their home erector set. Something tells me a little leadership from the sidelines will make a big difference.

Not to mention close losses with NO offense to LSU, USCe and as you pointed out FSU. Any and I mean any kind of offense and we could be a 2 loss team....We just need someone to develop offensive players and call plays better. Offensive line will be an issue next year so that could slow progress a little but I believe we are on our way back.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Jabberdave;n136770 said:
Do you need your rogdochar decoder ring? It really helps.

I think Yogi Berra has taken over rog's account.

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
t-gator;n136905 said:
If law can't get you pumped up about Florida football ,damn it I don't know who can

Yeah, no doubt. I'm glad I'm to loaded down with Christmas ham and dressing, otherwise I might be tempted to go jump off a cliff.

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
I think Coach Mac will turn the ship around offensively. Based on what he has said, he'll evaluate the strengths of our players and scheme to those strengths. Similar to what Meyer did in 06. And as bad as we were performing on offense, it will not take much effort to reap some pretty significant improvements on offense. There is a lot of low hanging fruit for Mac to go after that should see significant improvement on offense.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
OMG, Law's list demonstrates an imbecile CEO was in control ….(or out of control?)

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
OL will be our biggest concern IMO (and that of others' no doubt). We have talent on both sides of the ball, but much of it is young, inexperienced, etc. the development issue will hopefully be rectified, especially offensively, but that will be a process and as implied above, the OL will be a huge priority. We'll see what signing day brings, but as most know, freshmen starters on the OL in CFB, who can match up physically and consistently get the job done, are a rare commodity.

Seven wins might be a good season upcoming. Anything more would be gravy. Fans will need some patience despite what has been endured, especially these past two seasons. If the defense is steady and we can be more competitive/aggressive on offense (and minimize turnovers), I think we'll all find something to be happy about and look forward to Mac's tenure.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Fan Patience is a good point. We have seen the behavior of good head coaches win, lose or draw. We have all seen players fighting tooth and nail to win. We are sports saavy enough to determine steady improvement through a season. Painfully, we have witnessed cluster pucks of sideline futility and players performing like practises were a free-for-all. As Cover alludes, we should all keep this in mind as Florida begins it's 'little train that can' campaigns.
:lol:

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
cover2;n138086 said:
OL will be our biggest concern IMO (and that of others' no doubt). We have talent on both sides of the ball, but much of it is young, inexperienced, etc. the development issue will hopefully be rectified, especially offensively, but that will be a process and as implied above, the OL will be a huge priority. We'll see what signing day brings, but as most know, freshmen starters on the OL in CFB, who can match up physically and consistently get the job done, are a rare commodity.

Seven wins might be a good season upcoming. Anything more would be gravy. Fans will need some patience despite what has been endured, especially these past two seasons. If the defense is steady and we can be more competitive/aggressive on offense (and minimize turnovers), I think we'll all find something to be happy about and look forward to Mac's tenure.

I think you'll see more patience this time around. Following muschamp is going to be alot easier than following up Meyer. If he can put an offense on the field that can move the ball there's going to be alot of excitement around the program again.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I also gotta say, I don't think this is a very short turnaround. Alot of that hinges on qb play and we don't know if we have one right now or who that is. We have don't have a very scary backfield returning. I know some of you guys love Adam lane but he hasn't done **** and couldn't get on the field with this sorry offense, he may not be as good as the coaches were saying. At receiver demarcus Robinson is the only one we have at this point. At offensive line, we all know we barely have enough returning to put 5 on the field. Our offense is going to have to be pretty much built from the ground up. And there's zero playmakers this recruiting cycle even considering Florida this recruiting cycle. So the rebuild can't truly start until the next recruiting cycle. I'll be willing to give the guy a chance because his situation is very tough.

ntcrze

Founding Member
Banned
Banned
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
I think UF may already have a playmaker or two on offense. Demarcus Robinson can become a great player and Brandon Powell brings speed. Both of those guys can become matchup nightmares for a defense if UF can find a decent quarterback. I think McElwain wants to install a pro-style offense, he also needs to find a fullback. I know one huge area of concern that no one is talking about is running back. UF desperately needs to get someone this recruiting class. What if Taylor gets hurt? There's only Adam Lane, who has barely seen the field and Powell, who may be slated to line up wide instead of in the backfield, and is probably too small to handle the load at running back. If UF doesn't get at least one running back this year, they are an injury away from disaster.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
ntcrze;n138185 said:
I think UF may already have a playmaker or two on offense. Demarcus Robinson can become a great player and Brandon Powell brings speed. Both of those guys can become matchup nightmares for a defense if UF can find a decent quarterback. I think McElwain wants to install a pro-style offense, he also needs to find a fullback. I know one huge area of concern that no one is talking about is running back. UF desperately needs to get someone this recruiting class. What if Taylor gets hurt? There's only Adam Lane, who has barely seen the field and Powell, who may be slated to line up wide instead of in the backfield, and is probably too small to handle the load at running back. If UF doesn't get at least one running back this year, they are an injury away from disaster.
you are a nasty troll, and a winston knob slobber, but this was a solid post. thanks for being civil once over the holidays.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
I know Lane doesnt have alot of playing time but I can see him taking the starting job and handling it just fine.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
gatormandan;n138210 said:
I know Lane doesnt have alot of playing time but I can see him taking the starting job and handling it just fine.
Based off of what?

G

Founding Member
Founding Member
Durty South Swamp;n138190 said:
you are a nasty troll, and a winston knob slobber, but this was a solid post. thanks for being civil once over the holidays.
I've never understood this kind of nasty rhetoric. As Gators, we should be above this nonsense. Although I'm new to this board, I thoroughly reviewed the rules and the Terms of Service before posting, and this is a clear violation. I have reported your post to the Administrator.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
No certainty. Just from what I have seen from him. He has earned the praise of his team mates and I like his running style. Its funny that we see so many other teams have instant success with freshman RBs but we dont believe we can.

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Mr. Peebody;n138219 said:
I've never understood this kind of nasty rhetoric. As Gators, we should be above this nonsense. Although I'm new to this board, I thoroughly reviewed the rules and the Terms of Service before posting, and this is a clear violation. I have reported your post to the Administrator.

You've misspelled your own name...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mister_Peabody

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n138293 said:
It's how he's always spelled it. He told me it was spelled that way deliberately.

Right...I'm pretty sure I told him that at GSMB. That post was "removed"...

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
He said the name was an inspiration from the movie "Major Payne", in which a six year old that had just pissed his pants was called "Mr. PEEbody".

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator