Here is your future

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
As soon as this current contract runs out, the playoffs will move to the 8 team format. It solves a lot of the major problems, allows a Power 5 conference champ to be in, there are 5 teams, then the next highest ranked with a tweak here or there.

It's coming baby, because that which makes the world go round, money, will make it happen. And when you see an article in Business Insider covering it, the wheels behind the scene are already being greased.

http://www.businessinsider.com/8-team-college-football-playoff-ohio-state-alabama-usc-2017-12

We'll be in 2020 !! :pumper: Go Gators :pumper:

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
It's hard to argue. Every once in a while you'll have a 3 or 4 loss conference champ in there. I don't think it happens as often as people think.

Wisconsin does not deserve it though. They suck.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It should go to an 8 team playoff next year. 2020 is too far away. It should also go back to a computer, like the BCS for the non-conference winner entries.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I told ya it was coming in my thread I started about the 8 team playoff last week. MERGED

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Fvkk that shyt. Fvkk it to hell. All of you die in a fire. Every fvkking one of you.

The two loss or even three loss shytbag team has any claim to a "championship."

This bullshyt will kill college football and make it into basketball, a sport no one watches bc the games dont matter until tourney time.

Want to get in the playoffs? Win in the first rounds, played in Sep Oct and Nov versus you Div rival, and the second round in the conf championship game.

Fewer teams should be getting a chance, not more.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Playoffs are bad for college football.
Playoffs are bad for the SEC.
Playoffs are bad for UF.

Since 2006 the SEC champ has been ranked 1 or 2. I'll take winning the SEC and playing for the NC over a playoff every year and twice in leap years.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Fvkk that shyt. Fvkk it to hell. All of you die in a fire. Every fvkking one of you.

This bullshyt will kill college football and make it into basketball, a sport no one watches bc the games dont matter until tourney time.

Want to get in the playoffs? Win in the first rounds, played in Sep Oct and Nov versus you Div rival, and the second round in the conf championship game.

@oxrageous I'd say someone is trying to circumvent the auto-sensor.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

This this this.

Well minus the die in a fire talk. Most of you generally seem like good people, this aside.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
The teams that make it through 16 games are the teams that can survive injuries by recruiting 3 & 4 deep blue chippers. Making it through the playoffs will allow them to attract more blue chippers. Making it easier for them to get through the playoffs. Making it easier for them to recruit blue chippers. The rich will only get richer.

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
This this this.

Well minus the die in a fire talk. Most of you generally seem like good people, this aside.

Today, every damned game is a playoff game. Lose one game you are wounded. Lose two you are mortally wounded. Every game counts. And if you are in the hunt, every game has you on the edge of your seat. Or if you're home with a remote in your hand, every game has you ready to do damage to the big screen.

So what if there's a debate about who's fourth. I'd rather every game have my heart rate up.

ItsDookie87

...it's best to let him finish
BANNED
Sep 8, 2014
I'm torn on this, four has actually kept the regular season almost as important as before because any loss could have you on the outside looking in but expanding to eight would mean having more chances to win a championship. You would have to win more games to get there but at least you'd have a shot rather than getting to go play in the sugar bowl with nothing on the line.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
How many games are we gonna ask these kids to play? Even if we move it to 8 teams the 9th team will be pissed that they didn't get in. When does it stop?

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
I'm torn on this, four has actually kept the regular season almost as important as before because any loss could have you on the outside looking in but expanding to eight would mean having more chances to win a championship. You would have to win more games to get there but at least you'd have a shot rather than getting to go play in the sugar bowl with nothing on the line.
The only shot you gain is a shot at being blown out in the first round.

Woodroe

Sir Knowitall
Lifetime Member
Nov 13, 2017
Would have loved an 8 team playoff in 01 and 09 and several other years. Would have hated it in 96, 06 and 08.

I think 8 is perfect. Means we'll have to finish as either division champ or 1 loss w/o division. If it goes to 8, there will be a year with 3sec teams in unless they make a rule against it like they had in the bcs if I remember correctly.

1 loss will not be fatal (obviously isn't now). Two losses will be fatal if you don't win the sec (just like now). Better chance to not get left out with one loss should be only difference. Better chance for group of five to make it in as at large. If a pac12 or big 10 champ gets in when they wouldn't have with 4 teams, I'm not worried about that.

ItsDookie87

...it's best to let him finish
BANNED
Sep 8, 2014
The only shot you gain is a shot at being blown out in the first round.

Sure, you'd have to go through the best to be the best but I'd rather have a shot at the #1 team with a shot of moving on than to play a meaningless game where you could also be blown out. In 2006 there was the debate that Michigan deserved a second shot because they played OSU close and OSU was far an away the best team in the nation. Talking heads everywhere said that we would get "blown out" but look how that turned out. Perhaps before that game you were saying you'd rather UM get in so that we could go play in the sugar bowl with a better chance of not getting "blown out". You do run that risk but I'd personally much rather have the chance to win it than not. That first seven or eight seed to win the whole thing will have been happy to have had the chance.

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016

Law's passionate intensity moves me to say yes to his position. Logic moves me to say yes to an eight-game playoff. Respectfully, Law, I say to you that I will not die in a fire.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
If you're a 5-8 seed your chances are slim to none. The risk is being 1 or 2 and losing on a fluke play, call or injury. If we win the SEC and 9 out of 10 years make it to the NC game I like our chances over any year that we make it to the playoffs with 2-3 losses only to inevitably get beat by a better team. Worst yet would be to finish the season 1 or 2 and lose in the first or second round on a fluke.

Win the SEC, play for the NC. Highest % chance for us to win a NC.

The playoffs are Russian roulette.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member

You’ve convinced me even more that my side is right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.