Hi Gatorchatter!

Discussion in 'Guest Area' started by Fartknocker, Oct 21, 2017.

1. jdh5484

jdh5484 Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $468
    Ratings:
    +2,066 / -28
    LOL. Can't take them anywhere.

2. jdh5484

jdh5484 Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $468
    Ratings:
    +2,066 / -28
    The Hotel California.

3. stephenPE

stephenPE Senior Member
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $113
    Ratings:
    +4,177 / -187
    Dial a bore. We loved it and every week somebody asked for the Slippery Rock score. It was a tradition. And those years were so hard. So tough. We finally get a great team like our rivals and create it much like they did in Knox and Athens and Tuscaloosa and BLAM........they hammer us. Welcome Windy. Join us in this schizo love hate relationships with gatorville. We need more people with "perspective" we mostly got SOS era fans that KNOW how bad it is"
    It was a sad day in gatorville. Poor Rodney Brewer. Took our foot off the pedal too soon. I was there too.
    I saw this pop up on the SPorts feed and then couldnt find it and then saw the FINE print. ANother good idea by OX.............the boy is a genius. Could book the #s without paper or pencil.

4. Windy City Gator

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    I am super impressed you remember someone asking for the slippery rock score!! We knew the call was coming in. For the pre internet crowd we would get our scores from the AP wire...which was back in the news room not in the studio. My boss was Larry Vetell...we called him VeTOOL because he was such an tool!!! He hated me and I hated him..no love lost. I was a big fan of Galen Hall...nicest guy....treated everyone with respect...players loved him. No one was calling for job to be fired after the 86 or 87 seasons....we knew his hands were tied...he sure did leave SOS some ballers!!! Best experience was i played golf every Sunday with Otis Boggs in Williston...true Gator legend!!! I shed a tear when i heatd he died...he gave me great broadcasting advice that i took with me for my few years as a tv sportscaster....now otis wasnt known for being the greatest ...but we didnt care he was ours!!! It has been 4 years since i have seen my beloved Gators...and looking forward to the trip through the corn fields and wind farms to fet to Columbia from Chigao

5. stephenPE

stephenPE Senior Member
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $113
    Ratings:
    +4,177 / -187
    I have a new hero. Played Golf with Otis and knows the Galen story. Dial a boor was fun. Larry was a dick we all know now (he was a yankee too.)

6. Windy City Gator

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    When I graduated someone who hated Vetool more than me left a dead squirrel in his desk on the day we walked!!! I am 100% sure Vetool thought it was me...it was a good friend who would later become the sports anchor at channel 20....As far as Galen went he was a QB for Penn St abd couldnt figure out how he could grip a football with those stubby hands ...and never saw a man chew finger nails to the nub like Galen

7. itsgr82bag8r

itsgr82bag8r Political Forum Fire Starter
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $95
    Ratings:
    +6,301 / -32
    Well, it was an exceptionally nasty fart, so......

8. L BOY’S COUSIN

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    The fact that this post got 3 dislikes speaks volumes. I’m not a pumper but a realist. You can’t fire your coach every 2 years and have a successful program. Recent events will probably mire the Gators into at least 3 more years of mediocrity if not more.

9. L BOY’S COUSIN

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    Was there as a student for the Brewer debacle. That guy was cursed. Didn’t he drop a fly ball in a CWS game?

That day that Galen lead gators to first SEC championship was as good as any moment I can remember. Lots of good memories that year which was my junior year. Going to Jax to see Gators blow out the puppies first time in years was among the best.

10. oxrageous

oxrageous American Hero
    Administrator

Oxbucks:
    $1,301
    Ratings:
    +15,796 / -130
    No, you can’t hire incompetent coaches every 3 years and have a successful program. Are you suggesting a school should just stick with awful coaches because longevity will make them somehow good?

11. Durty South Swamp

Durty South Swamp doodley doodley doo!
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $340
    Ratings:
    +8,956 / -54
    I love self righteous posters...

12. ChiefGator

ChiefGator A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!

Oxbucks:
    $132
    Ratings:
    +1,359 / -138
    Don't encourage him, recently he and his relatives have been quiet, I like it that way.

13. stephenPE

stephenPE Senior Member
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $113
    Ratings:
    +4,177 / -187
    :fatnanner:..........:raisehand: