His way out? Mac claims death threats on coaches and players: "It is what it is."

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Does anyone else feel this might be step 1 in his exit strategy? Think about it - why bring this up?
giphy.gif

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Just got a news alert on my phone "Jim McElwain".

My heart flutters. My face flushes. Endorphins course throughout my body. Could it be? He's gone ????

:bananadance2:

"McElwain threatened..."

FML.
:banghead:

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Just got a news alert on my phone "Jim McElwain".

My heart flutters. My face flushes. Endorphins course throughout my body. Could it be? He's gone ????

:bananadance2:

"McElwain threatened..."

FML.
:banghead:

Maybe someone from the administration called and said "if you don't get this fixed by next week we're going to terminate you". And Mac misunderstood the message.

Oct 5, 2014
He is a whiny, manipulative sissy who has no idea how to maintain his dignity. He seems bent on eliminating the possibility that another team might offer him a job as a head football coach. He will take Florida's money and run.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
He doesnt feel pressure, he APPLIES it.

What a stuffed shirt blowhard he is.

At least Jimbo Bowdenbastard is threatening people. I have slightly more respect for him but we all know by now what a **** Butters is.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Probably didn’t report it cause he’s afraid that it might turn out to be some of his own players. Lol
Rumor is it was Antonio Callaway. No worries, it's being handled internally. Shouldn't miss any PT.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Maybe someone from the administration called and said "if you don't get this fixed by next week we're going to terminate you". And Mac misunderstood the message.
And yet...
I read the New Alert and that was a very misleading title. I guess he's saying the players and thier families have been threatened? That's doesn't make much sense. Unless the threat is "you won't make it in the NFL if you can't [tackle,throw,catch,block,kick]" ?

I bet it was URG hating on Del Rio.

Yup. Sounds like his M.O..

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Brought up these threats today, then seemed annoyed at the follow-up questions about them. When asked if he would be turning them over to law enforcement, he said "No. It is what it is. Thanks guys." And walked away from the podium.

Discuss.
Not saying Mac is in the right, because he isn't. But, Ox, do you still Maintain that this junk doesn't affect our ability to hire a new coach? It either limits our options or it forces us to pay more to purchase those options back.

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Do they read this board? Did they read Donk's drunk rant?
I think it was the Hiaku thread. There were a lot of veiled threats to Mac and his family. Take this one for instance:

Die, Mac. Please. Just. Die.
Can't afford to fire your ass
Wish that shark had AIDS

Last edited:

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
This reminds me of how he got all emotional and was about ready to cry over the shark picture...dude it's a ****ing joke and you're about to cry about it affecting your family. Now this...just drops this grenade out there...he's just not cut out for this job.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Just when you thought the drama couldn't get any thicker comes this.

Question is, what is this? Are these death threats Mac extemporaneously opened up about credible? To what extent has the university and law enforcement been involved? Why are we hearing about this now and why is Mac the one doing the announcing? Where are Fuchs and Stricklin?

That's one helluva way to make the announcement, as an adjunct to a reporter's football question. Well, gee, guys, it is tough, esp when someone's threatening to come by your house with an AK47. BTW, no more questions.

Really?

Totally not done right. Then again, he may be so over the edge emotionally that he had no intention of announcing it. He doesn't look right. He looks beaten down, almost despondent, void of the bravado he used to show at these briefings. I'll bet he knows something we don't, and it's likely not good news.

Sorry, Mac, but you just opened up a cavern of questions. I hope you, your family, the coaches and the players are all safe. And I hope, for your sake, that you didn't just further botch your already strained tenure at UF with ultra loose lips.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I really don't know what to believe here. Which players are being threatened... is it the guys on suspension? Are some of them being threatened that if they talk about where they got the credit cards... ?

Maybe it doesn't have anything to do with football... maybe it is McElwain's exit strategy. I don't remember this happening during 2013 and that year was just as bad if not worse.

Maybe we have some sick fans who are really f'd up and are doing this? This is a big fan base... I wouldn't bet against it having some truly sick crazy people in it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.