Holgorsen remains confident Will Grier will be able to start against Virginia Tech

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Law can assess it... but you let that guy start the season and the Gators should have a lawsuit... we lost that guy, at least partially, because of the lengthy suspension imposed and spot in the season... now they let another party realize that "asset" earlier than what we could have if given that same reduced sentence. NCAA probably has some dictatorship immunity clause with the member schools, but F them if that happens. The dude was just starting his growth potential and getting a taste of championship fans making noise. He's a bone head and picks dubious friends to hang with, but damn it seemed like he may have "that knack" to make a play.
:mad:
The only reason he was suspended in the first place was because he played for us. Players at every P5 school are on Ligandrol yet we're the only program to have one suspended a yr for taking it!

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The only reason he was suspended in the first place was because he played for us. Players at every P5 school are on Ligandrol yet we're the only program to have one suspended a yr for taking it!

And he was such a physical specimen....not.....

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

Yep they hardly ever randomly test for PEDs apparently based on the miniscule number of positive tests. Pretty sure someone turned him in for it.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Yep they hardly ever randomly test for PEDs apparently based on the miniscule number of positive tests. Pretty sure someone turned him in for it.

They test 20 or so players at EVERY school EVERY fall.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
What happened to @LCGATOR ?

Please dont take away my dislike. I earned that the hard way!

Just kidding dude! Watoga is one of my favorite places in the world.

Last edited:

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
They test 20 or so players at EVERY school EVERY fall.

The last one I remember nailed for that big penalty was the USC guy everyone knew had been juicing for quite a while. If it is true they must know how to cycle to be clean by test time or something.

Edit: Saw some articles where former players told congress its pretty common knowledge when they might be tested for steroids by the NCAA - so maybe Grier was just slow I guess.

Last edited:

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah but you were scared as shyt and driving 115.

What blew me away was thinking I was still out in the middle of nowhere, then coming out a tunnel through a mountain and suddenly being in Pittsburgh. That's a unique way to be introduced to a major city. Like, boom.

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Exactly. It was highly predictable that once he was no longer at UF he could play sooner. We'll see how it plays out, but I fully expect the worthless totally inconsistent dictatorial NCAA to allow him to play. The NCAA is a corrupt joke. They should just do away with it, It doesn't benefit college football at all, just maybe select interests. Giving it this much control over the structure of football given its misuse of power is ludicrous.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Once the story of the OTC meds being used in the Tennessee game came out, we were going to have players tested. Just how it is, too many OTC's have NCAA masking agents.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I seem to remember McElwain being confident they would reduce his suspension here at UF.

If the NCAA does anything other than uphold his suspension it makes them out to be more of a joke than they already are.. and that is saying something

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I seem to remember McElwain being confident they would reduce his suspension here at UF.

If the NCAA does anything other than uphold his suspension it makes them out to be more of a joke than they already are.. and that is saying something

it failed on the first (and as far as I remember only) time we attempted to have it reduced.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Out of curiosity from the Treon thread, I looked this up.

IMO, this is complete bulls*t that the NCAA would allow any athlete to transfer to beat a suspension (regardless of how WG left UF. I'm saying ANY athlete in any sport shouldn't be allowed to transfer and then all of a sudden their suspension is wiped away).

Anyhow, Holgersen is confident he'll be able to play week 1:

Dana Holgorsen remains confident Will Grier will be able to start against Virginia Tech
The Mountaineer staff are still waiting on the official word from the NCAA, but the confidence level inside the program seems high.

http://www.smokingmusket.com/2017/3...etball-baseball-sports-big-12-ncaa-news-links

Totally false headline....not what Holgorsen said at all....watch the video....he says he is not worried about whether Will is permitted to play as Juggs is playing well right now and there is another guy who'll is coming off injury.

NCAA is unlikely to change their ruling on Grier after denying it at Florida.....think of the wrath.....

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
it failed on the first (and as far as I remember only) time we attempted to have it reduced.

That is my understanding, but I thought I remembered McElwain being "confident" prior to that attempt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb