Holgorsen remains confident Will Grier will be able to start against Virginia Tech

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
That is my understanding, but I thought I remembered McElwain being "confident" prior to that attempt.

McElwain was "confident" as well, that it would only last until the end of the 2015 season. PED's is an area that I can't find a case of the NCAA reducing the penality, even when doctor prescripted..(took 4 years for one player to get his year of eligibility back due to doctor prescription).

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
https://www.seccountry.com/sec/possible-2017-heisman-trophy-candidates-jerod-evans-analysis

These guys are all very obvious candidates.

Will Grier: Quarterback, West Virginia
First, Grier needs to be cleared by the NCAA after his suspension from his time Florida. But if he does, as coach Dana Holgorsen expects, he certainly has a shot. Holgorsen has a very quarterback-friendly offense, and Grier flashed talent that the Gators haven’t seen since his suspension. If Grier gets a chance, he could put up solid numbers and wins — he was 6-0 as Florida’s starter — to get to New York.
---------------------------------------------

I think a poster from here may be writing this stuff. This is about the 3rd one I have seen recently. :lol:

He should have big numbers at WV but short of winning the Big 12 which they were an Oklahoma win away from doing this past season I don't see Grier going to NY.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
https://www.seccountry.com/sec/possible-2017-heisman-trophy-candidates-jerod-evans-analysis

These guys are all very obvious candidates.

Will Grier: Quarterback, West Virginia
First, Grier needs to be cleared by the NCAA after his suspension from his time Florida. But if he does, as coach Dana Holgorsen expects, he certainly has a shot. Holgorsen has a very quarterback-friendly offense, and Grier flashed talent that the Gators haven’t seen since his suspension. If Grier gets a chance, he could put up solid numbers and wins — he was 6-0 as Florida’s starter — to get to New York.
---------------------------------------------

I think a poster from here may be writing this stuff. This is about the 3rd one I have seen recently. :lol:

He should have big numbers at WV but short of winning the Big 12 which they were an Oklahoma win away from doing this past season I don't see Grier going to NY.

The PED suspension alone will scare some of the voters off this year, next year maybe. I expect him to put up numbers, but quarterbacks at West Virginia put up numbers. it's like Texas Tech.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
I thought Morgantown was podunkville. Then I drove around it. Forty-five minutes later, I was in Pittsburgh.

Hence the "Backyard Brawl" for their annual football rivalry.

I seem to remember McElwain being confident they would reduce his suspension here at UF.

If the NCAA does anything other than uphold his suspension it makes them out to be more of a joke than they already are.. and that is saying something

Unpossible.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Meh. By the time the season opener comes around it'll be almost 2 years since the dude has taken a snap. That's plenty. If not suspended in the first place he'd still be here, not there. In other words the transfer itself really just adds to the suspension. Its really like a 22 month suspension for taking some go powder. Meanwhile how many players will take the field every day that smoke pot or other substances that are also banned? My panties won't even get the slightest bit in a bunch if he starts the season.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Hence the "Backyard Brawl" for their annual football rivalry. Unpossible.
I don't think they do that anymore do they?

If you really want to impress a Couchburneer, call them the University of South Pittsburgh.

Wuerffel4Pres

No offense
Lifetime Member
Aug 27, 2016
The PED suspension alone will scare some of the voters off this year, next year maybe. I expect him to put up numbers, but quarterbacks at West Virginia put up numbers. it's like Texas Tech.

I would love to put up numbers like they do at WVU or Texas Tech.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
They did...I would bet the farm it was Muschamp or T-rob!

The main reason I think someone did was because that low level sports reporter lady seemed to know what he was seen getting right after the story broke but the most damning thing was the post at 24/7 where the new account guy was laughing saying he wouldn't be playing anymore. That was posted during the Missouri game if I remember correctly.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
They did...I would bet the farm it was Muschamp or T-rob!
I'm still trying to follow this. So, Grier, just once mind you, forgot to check with the trainers about either a cold formula, viagara formula (damn nasty Tampa Bay Buc cheerleader whore) or protein shake he got from GNC, and Chimp or Trob had spies at the GNC who told them that they finally caught Grier in a dunce moment and convinced him to drink the thing?

Is that where we are on this conspiracy theory?

Because if he was taking the cold formula/protein shake back to the Chimp years then it's kind of hard to say it's was just a little slip of forgetting to ask the trainers about the drug, just once and only because he was at the mall and it was on the weekend or something when the trainers weren't available, amarite?

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
I'm still trying to follow this. So, Grier, just once mind you, forgot to check with the trainers about either a cold formula, viagara formula (damn nasty Tampa Bay Buc cheerleader whore) or protein shake he got from GNC, and Chimp or Trob had spies at the GNC who told them that they finally caught Grier in a dunce moment and convinced him to drink the thing?

Because if he was taking the cold formula/protein shake back to the Chimp years then it's kind of hard to say it's was just a little slip of forgetting to ask the trainers about the drug, just once and only because he was at the mall and it was on the weekend or something when the trainers weren't available, amarite?
Gramps...what I'm saying is the m'fer was on that $hit under chump and he knew it! If you don't believe chump would rat someone out you're smoking crack!

Last edited:

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

Dont remember the whole thing. Just remember her saying what it was and it was something that was definitely banned because it was a non allowed muscle builder I think and the craziest thing was the post on 24/7 laughing that he was going to be suspended the rest of year posted during the Missouri game I think it was. That could have been someone in our offices I guess pulling that however that didn't like him.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
IIRC, they test you twice if you piss hot. We probably already knew even by the Mizzu game, maybe earlier.

You don't recall right....they split the only sample in half and reanalyse it if positive to rule out lab error or contamination.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator