• Lose by 10 or more

Votes: 9 7.6%

• Total voters

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Sofla is one of the most rational and well respected posters on this board, imo. I never thought I’d see the day when we lose him.

This thread makes me sad, and mad. I will comment more when I’m not driving

UFHealthGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 12, 2017
Last edited:

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
I’ll never stop loving and watching the Gators. This thread - a fuvking pity party - is pathetic. I knew we lost but I still watched today. It still brings me joy - even when its frustrating. This off-season was long as hell but I was and am stoked about the season. My family will still plan around games because we enjoy the whole spectacle - even from home. Not saying y’all should waste money on season tickets if you’re not having fun but damn, why quit watching all together? And why run to a Gator blog to whine about it? If you’re truly done, then quit posting too. F it. Won’t have valid opinions to share since you aren’t watching.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I don’t want them to quit posting - I want them to sack the **** up and cheer for their damn team. Bunch of whiners that need some tough love.
Just remember: anyone still posting on Gator message boards is a true fan. They aren't going to stop watching and cheering regardless of what they spout.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Swonkey has been saying for 5+ years that he's done and he's not watching anymore. To my knowledge he's never missed a play and won't be starting now. People are just venting.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
This isn’t about tonight. It’s not about the Mullen hire, about which I had reservations, like many of you. Or Grantham who brought this pos defense to us. It’s more.

This is so much deeper. It predates Stricklin and certainly predates the recent hire. It’s what we’ve become. We stopped demanding the best back in 2010. The best from our coaches. The best from ourselves. The best from student athletes.

As fans, we’re done. We just are. Let’s call a spade a spade. We don’t show up. We aren’t loud. I don’t blame anyone. It’s been a horrific decade. But bottom line...we don’t show.

Let’s delve a little deeper into why...no offense to the younger crowd but playing a different rap song between every play and/or timeout isn’t part of UF culture. And to be frank, as much as some may hate hearing this, singing Tom ******* Petty after 3 isn't part of our culture either. It’s a momentary distraction that makes people feel good despite being down two scores. Nothing more. If anything, I’m not sure we’ve won a single game since we took on that new tradition.

To be clear, I don’t blame the fans. I think across the board, the notion that anything is ok has permeated the whole program, and started from the top down.

I grew up an hour away and attended games my whole life, plus 2-3 away games a season. It was an event that involved some stress, commitment and a desire to see the Gators win. And we loved it. I see none of that any more. We’re a weak mixed group of enablers who stopped caring, and sidewalk, t-shirt alums who only pretend to when the moment strikes.

I was there in the 80s when we were content to win 7 games and make a bowl appearance. I’m not sure we’re terribly drifted from that spot now.

We can blame Muschamp. We can blame McElwain. We can blame Foley and his stooge. But if we actually cared, instead of just shrugging our collective shoulders and assuming everything would be ok, it would’ve never reached this point. Now that we’re here, I’m not sure we ever come back. And that’s just being honest. My son will be 10 in January, and he’s never seen a good UF team, and probably won’t for the foreseeable future. At what point do you accept the trait for what it is and stop caring?

This isn’t about me and my feelings of frustration. This is about recognizing what we have ALL become and, against every grain of my body, giving up on something I care so much about.

Personally, I don’t see us recovering from this, largely because I’m not sure from the top down, truly we have the desire to any longer. I was fortunate enough to be a kid in the 90s when Spurrier was running things, and a young adult for the Meyer era. But as much as it pains me, and as much as I’d love to argue to the contrary, I feel like those days are gone for good and we are back to what we once were.
You summed it up perfectly brother. It's just not the same. The shine and sparkle from our once great program is now dull and dusty, weathered from the sands of time and lack of caring maintenance from those charged with that sacred duty.

I hate what we call "tradition" now because it isn't. UF football has very little true tradition left. Most of what the students now consider UF gameday traditions are this falls version of some millennial asshattery. Stupid rap music in between every play and every series. Stupid uniforms. The two bits tradition is still there but the kids dont even understand it and frankly dont care. Take a poll and I bet half of them would prefer to replace it with some stupid dance music like south carolina does right before kickoff, which is also awful and embarrassing I might add. There's very little magic and pageantry left in the swamp. And it hasnt been the place where only gators get out alive for many years.

My son is now at the age where he likes to sit on daddy's lap and watch the game. And I've said this previously but ill repeat it now. My fear is that he'll grow up not understanding my love for the team and the school and program because we are so absolutely dreadful. I fear that if he does take to college football, it wont be because of the gators and that thing that I always wanted as a young man, for my son to grow up cheering them on at my side and love them like i do, will never come to fruition.

Foley and the UA have destroyed this program for us and for our children. And I honestly dont think the school cares anymore; at least not enough to do what is necessary to right the ship. I, like you, was fortunate to grow up watching Spurrier and the boys in the 90s, be at UF for the last few years of his run, and enjoy the Meyer era as a young man. I believe those days are over and I have lost hope that they could come back. Those who hold the keys to the castle honestly dont care enough, and that is why everyone else has stopped. At the end of the day, if the men in charge dont care, why should we?

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Swonkey has been saying for 5+ years that he's done and he's not watching anymore. To my knowledge he's never missed a play and won't be starting now. People are just venting.
Lets be honest here. Most of us probably get more enjoyment watching grown men have total meltdowns on here than we do watching Gator football these days. I know I do! :lol:

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Lets be honest here. Most of us probably get more enjoyment watching grown men have total meltdowns on here than we do watching Gator football these days. I know I do! :lol:
true, but thats mainly because there is absolutely ZERO joy in watching gator football. ZERO.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
I will say it is in my top five.........But I would rather watch us humiliate dogs/nulls instead of watching the results here if they did it to us.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.