• Lose by 10 or more

Votes: 9 7.6%

• Total voters

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
And so Law gives me like. How can you get mad at this guy?

Edit: I wish but it's a school night. ;-)

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
Those buildings likely house Admissions and Orientation. My kids visited there last month. The blueblood like arrogance displayed there made it clear those folks view the school as Harvard without the snow.

So, it really doesn't matter if nobody outside UF views it as public ivy. Those who are deciding who gets accepted do view it that way and that arrogance does not serve us well, IMHO.

I guess I live in an alternate universe. My daughter graduated UF recently and she loved the experience every bit as much as I did.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
And so Law gives me like. How can you get mad at this guy?

Edit: I wish but it's a school night. ;-)

I never get mad at Law. Like I said he is one of the few that I “know” on the board. I read his stuff. Don’t always agree but actually enjoy reading his take on shyt. I also think he enjoys his contrarian reputation.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I never get mad at Law. Like I said he is one of the few that I “know” on the board. I read his stuff. Don’t always agree but actually enjoy reading his take on shyt. I also think he enjoys his contrarian reputation.
Just joking. Law knows I love him. I esp love the banter. There's probably not a member here who loves his Gators more -- or who punks them as often. He expects more just like an involved parent would. It's a complicated relationship.

Nomadigator

Veni vidi facepalmi
Lifetime Member
Aug 29, 2018
Well, I guess the GCMB family is in agreement for most part. The fun is gone. The new ways of the GAYme day atmosphere is not our cup of tea. The players and coaches do not care as much as we do. The student body is not cut and sculpted with enthusiasm and beer like it was in our time. The blame is obvious. Past and present Admins. Coaches and players. Frugality and and a losers mentality. Dogs and protectors of spouse abusers..........IT has finally reached the (whats the opposite of pinnacle) earth even below the barrel bottom. But as I a sat and watched the dog/cock game by the odome till 7:15 and watched the fans move toward the ticket takers I still saw fans that cared. Old people that needed a walker. Kids with a small football and painted faces. Old guys with Tebow shirts. Sitting in my section 59 seats I could not help but smile at all the guys around me , a little younger, screaming their thoughts and fears at the field, angrily urging our boys and coaches to solve this riddle from Kentucky that seemed to have our number. I heard the music and saw the orange and blue fireworks, the band play Earth Wind and FIre from my teen years. I do like the Tom Petty song with the cell phone lites going. It is at once the same but much different in there. We all have aged a lot since SOS owned our league and Timmy came and made us so proud. This is how life is. Things change, people move on and that pendulum called life swings back and forth, but too slowly for some us.

(whats the opposite of pinnacle)...Uh, that would be "nadir" (nay-deer), sir. As in, "Nadir, the OhMiBod isn't recharged, yet."

Last edited:

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
This loss did feel like the death blow. The last thing we had going for us.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
This loss did feel like the death blow. The last thing we had going for us.
I was prepared to lose to almost everyone on the schedule but I thought we'd beat Kintucky, Vandy, maybe even Tinerc.

I just don't see it now. It wasnt even a close game, not as close as the score indicated. They dominated us again, as they did last year. If their QB wasnt a turnover machine and the hide even a little bit more talent, it would have been a 4 or 5 score blowout.

We never moved smoothly. It was just like McElstain and Chimp, always in 3rd and long or 3rd and medium. Never any offensive consistency.

It doesnt get any easier than this boys. Vandy is the only SEC team with less talent.

Its is gonna be a long year.

What say you who claimed we would just have to show the recruits on the field before Mullinz would be able to recruit? Think this is gonna land those 10 secret commit bluechips we are missing?

This 2019 class basically determines what kind of team we will be in 2022. Think Mullinz can wait til 2023 or 2024 to finally have talent? Rhetorical bc the answer is he and maybe Stricklin dont last nearly that long.

Last edited:

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
I was against Mullen being hired but I will give him a pass this year with all these soft players he got from Mac and of course Franks at QB. The one thing I won't excuse is if he pulls a 2nd recruiting class that is in the teens like Mac did.
Life doesn't give you passes. Mullen needs to earn that $6M by fixing the problems he has. If It's a talent problem you go recruit. If it's a scheme or coaching problem correct them. Franks may not be the answer but I could've sworn Nuss was back with that playcalling last night. Every body bashes the players but these coaches aren't earning their pay. Warren, hevesy, English and Grantham all need to be gone. That was one of the most undisciplined, unprepared teams I've ever seen in my life. There was no fight. Wtf was savage doing all off season? No one gets a pass.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Lulz. Yeah, Kintucky is gonna win an NC.

Just like Meatchiken last year.

You fckktards are so easy to predict.
Kentucky is a 7 win team. If people were honest with themselves, they thought Florida was a 7 or 8 win team. We played an even game with them. Result is only unexpected/shocking because of the name on the opponents jersey.

To be clear: losing to Kentucky is unacceptable. Just pointing out that the state of the program is on par with theirs, unfortunately. It’s a tough pill to swallow. As you say, Fooley and his short sidedness are 90% to blame.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
This 2019 class basically determines what kind of team we will be in 2022. Think Mullinz can wait til 2023 or 2024 to finally have talent? Rhetorical bc the answer is he and maybe Stricklin dont last nearly that long.
Do you really think Stricklin is on some kind of hot seat if Mullen doesn't work out? It's nonsense. It's been clear for some time that the hiring and overseeing of the football program is only considered one tiny part of the job, and really not that important. UF is making huge profits on the program whether the team wins or loses.

That position revolves around how the money is being handled, and the money is just fine, thank you. If Mullen lost the next 30 games in a row and was fired, Stricklin would simply be looking for the next guy. He's not going anywhere regardless of our record for a long time. Hell, I think 80% of the decision to fire a coach has to do with the status of his buyout, not his stinking performance or his complete destruction of the product.

The ONLY thing that keeps pressure on these asshats to try and strive for some kind of excellence on the field is the fans. Blow up their emails, phone calls, whatever. It's all we got.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Just joking. Law knows I love him. I esp love the banter. There's probably not a member here who loves his Gators more -- or who punks them as often. He expects more just like an involved parent would. It's a complicated relationship.
Helicopter fan?

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Walk into a firm (any kind of firm) in DC, NYC, LA or whatever, drop down that "top 30 almost public Ivy" resmue beside a real Ivy, Berkeley, Michican, UVa even resume and see what happens.

Or a UC Irvine, no 9 on the list too. No one gives a shyt about top 30 public ivy.

Im not saying there arent a few great programs here or there. UF Law's tax masters is elite, top 3 innthe country at worst.

However you walk in with bachelors in sociology or whatever and try to compete with a similar person from a real ivy or Berkeley and see what happens.
University of Florida
Gainesville, FL
mini-badge-color.svg

#8 in Top Public Schools (tie)
#35 in National Universities (tie)

The University of Florida is about two miles away from downtown Gainesville, a college town bolstered by the school’s more than 50,000 students. The Florida Gators sports teams compete in the NCAA Division I Southeastern Conference, and are supported by mascots Albert and Alberta the Alligators. The Gator football team, which competes in Ben Hill Griffin Stadium – commonly called the "The Swamp" – is particularly notorious. The team became the namesake of popular sports drink Gatorade in 1965, after freshmen Gators participated in an experiment with the novel beverage. The annual Gator Growl, held each Homecoming weekend, has been called the largest student-run pep rally in the nation. About 15 percent of students are involved in the school’s 60-plus fraternities and sororities. Freshmen do not have to live on campus, though more than 75 percent opt to do so. All students can partake in Gator Nights, held every Friday, which offer free late-night entertainment and midnight snacks.The school has well-regarded graduate programs through the Herbert Wertheim College of Engineering, Hough Graduate School of Business, Levin College of Law and the College of Medicine. The university is also integrated with retirement community Oak Hammock, where students can work, complete internships and find mentors. Famous graduates of the University of Florida include home repair television sensation Bob Vila, Heisman Trophy winner Steve Spurrier and former U.S. Sens. Bob Graham and Connie Mack.more

$28,658 (out-of-state), $6,381 (in-state) Tuition and Fees
35,247 Undergraduate Enrollment
SAT, GPA and more
New ranking moved from 9th to 8th https://www.usnews.com/best-colleges/rankings/national-universities/top-public

Dekle

Nov 27, 2017
It sucks that we lost and looked horrible. Mullen said we'd face adversity, dam he wasn't lying. I was against the Mullin hire from the start but I completely believe he is the right hire and this team will get better . There's so much this team has to improve on and they will. I didn't believe Franks could lead our team and that hasn't changed. He's not a leader and it's time for a change. I expected that type of play from our offense but our defense play was a complete shock, no excuse for all those miss tackles. I think if most of you knew this was going to happen, just not this game.

I gave up my season tickets about 6 years ago, was sick of all of it. I couldn't even watch them on TV much. Over the last couple year's my daughter talked me into taking her to a few games. With out a doubt I forgot how much I loved the game day experience and walking into that stadium, brought back some great memories. I purchased season tickets this year and yesterday was my first game back. Even though the stadium had a lot of empty seats the fans that were there did their job in my opinion, they got loud. Sucked that we played so bad and lost, but completely happy with my decision buying those tickets.

We can't let one game ruin our season. Look how physical Miss St. team looked against Kansas State today, we have to give these coaches some time. If he did that for Miss St, he dam sure will for us. Go Gators

You are right on. Yes, it was one of the poorest performances I may have ever seen on both lines. Heck, it was f$u bad. But Miss. St. is a pretty dang good football team. It's gonna take a bit to turn the mentality around at UF. I think Mullen will get it done. Offensive line needs major help. Not sure what they hay happened to the defense. Franks just doesn't have it upstairs to be a leader. Emory Jones will start next year.

UFHealthGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 12, 2017
I only open a third of the threads. Still barely know who is who. Usually don’t even pay attention to who the poster is. I just read and respond. I really couldn’t pass a test on who is a dumper or pumper with a few exceptions. But I read your stuff and while I sometimes disagree I get the feeling you’re knowledgeable and put a lot of thought and passion in your posts.

But it’s come to the point that I have to ask...is there anything you currently like or respect about UF? Academics, football, non football sports, coeds, university ave, the city, the lakes, the campus, the stadium ....anything?

I mean for all my pumping I get as frustrated as anyone during a loss. But last week back in the Swamp for the first time in months my 27 year old son summed it up perfectly. As we sat down on the 35 yard line row 9 he looked around and took it all in and said: “This is my happy place.” I thought man that’s it right there. Every time I go back I am in my happy place. I’ve never lost that.

Well said. I honestly don't understand it, if someone has no respect or appreciation to anything related to the University of Florida, why the heck are you even here?
No one calls Florida public ivy. And #42 over says it all. Probably what a good year for our football team.

UF today went up 8 spots among all universities to Number 35, and Number 8 among public universities. Academically UF is rising significantly.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
When you've lost sofla, you've lost the nation.
The Nation was gone years ago.

We are the ragtag band of leftovers. The last of the holdouts.

Dwindling fast and no reinforcements. Gators from this last decade couldnt care less.

Congrats Fooley, you showed us! Took us back to 1979.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb