Honorary Mr 2 Bits for UK Game

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
https://floridagators.com/news/2016...to-be-a-two-time-champion-team-effort___.aspx

GAINESVILLE, Fla. — Let the record show that Steve Spurrier has now set the bar for performance by an honorary Mr. Two Bits. Who in this orange-and-blue Gator universe could possibly top what the ball-coach-turned-ambassador turned in before last week's season opener against Massachusetts?

How 'bout a collection of the greatest basketball team in Florida history?

Step up to the plate, Al Horford!

C'mon over, Corey Brewer and Chris Richard!

Paging Lee Humphrey!

Oh, and what are the chances we can get a little of this?

With the coaches, players and support staff members of UF's back-to-back NCAA championship teams of 2006 and '07 due in for a weekend reunion, it's only fitting they should be called on for the pre-game Mr. Two Bits honors in the run-up to their on-field salute during the Florida-Kentucky football game Saturday afternoon that will mark the Southeastern Conference opener for both teams.

"I'm excited about it," said Humphrey, the shooting guard who still holds both the NCAA Tournament record for 3-point field goals (55 in 14 games) and UF record for most 3s in a career (288 at 43.1 percent). "I watched Coach Spurrier do it before the UMass game and it seemed like so much fun. We all may need some coach for it, but we'll get it done."

With that in mind, maybe Billy Donovan will get into the act.

A large contingent from those two teams — the only ones in college basketball history to repeat as national champions with the same starting five — are expected for the celebration, including a handful (Noah, Horford, Brewer, Marreese Spieghts, along with Donovan and fellow coaches Anthony Grant and Larry Shyatt) readying for the start of NBA training camp in a couple weeks. Others, most notably Taurean Green, Walter Hodge and Adrian Moss, are playing overseas and will not be able to make it back.

The ones on hand, though, figure to get into the Two-Bits spirt of things.

Bet the Ball Coach will be watching

:chomp: :chomp:

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I bet Al Horford will be a lot of fun as Mr. 2-Bits

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Too bad we can't do it at away games.

I'd like to see Trey Burton give them some flashbacks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.