Hoops Update and Recap

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Spot on. We just have to keep winning so we can get in the NCAA Tourney. This next game AT SC is going to be REALLY tough on the road and could very well be our first SEC loss. SC is a good team and they play tough and will foul our guys like crazy and with how the refs have been with us we won't get the calls. We will see. Go Gators!!

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Nice article. A win against USC on the road will be huge for this team. They play good enough defense to have a chance to win every game. I feel like Kevaughn is due for a big game as is Robinson...

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Thanks for sharing!

I'd love to see Stone or Barry inserted in the starting lineup though. I think Leon would also be a solid option off the bench and is more of a bench player IMO.

All in all, can't complain, I'm loving this team.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
That pic of Barry shooting at the top of the article is so cool. Coaches already calling the three and the look on all the faces.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Individual leaders need to shallow the depth and length of their slumps. There's coming future opponents
that we cannot have that with and still pull it out. Grow Gators, doing good with a 2nd year coach. The best
is yet to come.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Last year we were 2-7 against the RPI top 50 and 7-13 against the top 100 for the season. This year so far, we're 4-3 against the top 50 and 9-3 against the top 100. Those numbers will obviously fluctuate during the season, but it's obvious how much we've improved.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
More stats (from the article in the OP) showing our improvement from last year, even with a lot more games away from home and versus a similar schedule, if not more difficult than last year.

Through 17 games last season, the Gators were 12-5 and averaging 72.9 points, shooting 41.9 percent from the floor, 30.4 from 3 and 61.2 at the line. Through 17 this season, UF is 14-3, shooting 45.5 from the floor, 35.7 from deep and 72.5 from the line. ... After torturing Ole Miss and Tennessee on his was to winning SEC Player of the Week, sophomore guard KeVaughn Allen was the defensive focal point of both Alabama and Georgia. Allen went a combined 5-for-15 from the floor and 0-for-6 from the 3-point line Crimson Tide and Bulldogs -- and the Gators still beat both. ... Stone started his rookie season 0-for-6 from the 3-point line. He's 12-for-19 in the 11 games since and now leads the team in long-range percentage at 48.0. Leon is second at 41.7 after going 0-for-4 the last two games.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb