WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Welcome. You might want to get some thicker skin though if you want to post here.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
If anybody wants my take on why the old forums were shut down (I don't claim any insider info) I think that management was annoyed by emails sent to them to resolve the server issues. That got them to thinking (as much as such are capable of doing) and the result was disbanding. I suspect that we are better served here without such management but we will miss Zack's input. Now I have to put up with the various UT people around here some of whom have tried to cause me grief in the past. I left watching a UF / UT game once and had to threaten a foolish UT fan to not get in my way. Had more fun at home since I could cheer and make comments without regard to UT individuals. Please ignore comments related to FSU work. They have a pretty good physics department and I bet can provide a decent education if you apply yourself.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
GIGator said:
Law, I use GIGator on all the other sites, so, thought I'd make it consistent. I leave the FSU info on my Facebook because it drives my Nole friends crazy. I graduated from Troy State, which was the school offerEd by the Army, at my location - I took advantage of what was available. ufgator812 - Life is much better if one has a positive outlook. Miserable people, like you appear to be, try to pull others down to their level - I refuse to play that game. Carry on with your childish name calling, if that's how you get your kicks. Just remember, I have been called worse by better men. O_O
I know there's no guarantee, but we'll still be loaded with talent. And usually when you hire a better coach you do see improvement year one

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
VulcanAlex;n7708 said:
If anybody wants my take on why the old forums were shut down (I don't claim any insider info) I think that management was annoyed by emails sent to them to resolve the server issues. That got them to thinking (as much as such are capable of doing) and the result was disbanding. I suspect that we are better served here without such management but we will miss Zack's input. Now I have to put up with the various UT people around here some of whom have tried to cause me grief in the past. I left watching a UF / UT game once and had to threaten a foolish UT fan to not get in my way. Had more fun at home since I could cheer and make comments without regard to UT individuals. Please ignore comments related to FSU work. They have a pretty good physics department and I bet can provide a decent education if you apply yourself.

My Son's in school at FSU now. He's got 1 year left on his Masters in Meteorology. I give him just as much crap as I would give anybody that goes there. UF doesn't have a Meteorology department so that's his excuse for going to Clown State. He still gets crap over it though, and that'll never change. Good education or not, it's FSU. No Gator can let that go without rubbing some salt in whenever possible.

GIGator

Founding Member
No One Important!
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Trust me, I have some pretty thick skin. I have seen and experienced things that would make a lot of people lay in the fetal position, crying for their mothers. I have very little sense of humor when it comes to my loyalty to my country, the Constitution, my family and my Gators. I have no interest in being part of anything where members question my loyalty. If it's just joking, that's cool. Just remember, I can dish it out pretty well, too.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
TallyGator said:
While "Hooray" might be lame, there is one in the Political forum titled "I like Kittens". WTF?
Lol

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GIGator;n7776 said:
Trust me, I have some pretty thick skin. I have seen and experienced things that would make a lot of people lay in the fetal position, crying for their mothers. I have very little sense of humor when it comes to my loyalty to my country, the Constitution, my family and my Gators. I have no interest in being part of anything where members question my loyalty. If it's just joking, that's cool. Just remember, I can dish it out pretty well, too.

That's what makes the better message boards fun. If you can't give some good natured ribbing once in a while, it gets dull.

GIGator

Founding Member
No One Important!
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r said:
GIGator;n7776 said:

That's what makes the better message boards fun. If you can't give some good natured ribbing once in a while, it gets dull.
Oh, I love to have a little fun! Loyalty means a lot to me and at times I let it cause me to over-react. :-)

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
VulcanAlex said:
I'm sorry, I can't look at Zach the same way having seen his Malibu's Most Wannabe video.

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r said:
GIGator;n7776 said:

Telling it like it is and being apprehensive/doubtful does not make one disloyal.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r;n7765 said:
My Son's in school at FSU now. He's got 1 year left on his Masters in Meteorology. I give him just as much crap as I would give anybody that goes there. UF doesn't have a Meteorology department so that's his excuse for going to Clown State. He still gets crap over it though, and that'll never change. Good education or not, it's FSU. No Gator can let that go without rubbing some salt in whenever possible.

Good points but sometime I need to be polite and some people are sensitive. Now on a internet board is one thing in real life something else. Would you work there if say they paid you a couple of million of dollars to be an administrator? I would jump at such an opportunity.

Turk182

Founding Member
Just don't care anymore
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Anyone who makes reference to Star Trek Characters in the present tense.................. :crazy:

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Turk182;n8040 said:
Anyone who makes reference to Star Trek Characters in the present tense.................. :crazy:

Yeah, referring to Star Trek Characters always in the past tense is where it's at.

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
[quote name=''78' timestamp='1403498743']I only opened this thread to find out why someone would title a thread "Hooray." [/quote]Me too... what a descent into the abyss this turned into..
I expected to see For Hollywood after the title.

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
deuce said:

#23.2

GIGator commented
Today, 05:28 AM

I'll be glad to leave, if it bothers you guys so much. I didn't join to be a disrupting force. Just say the word and I'll take my ball and move on to other arenas.[/QUOTE

Over-React often?
I think he is pms ing...

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.