Hope he backs this up

jereed16

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
https://www.seccountry.com/florida/florida-gators-football-brad-davis-offensive-line-coach

New Gators OL coach Brad Davis says ‘there’s no leeway to come here and be average’

"He says he wants to make very clear the standard for the group on the first day of spring ball, Feb. 28, and that there will be consequences for not meeting the standard. He wants the players to get the most out of their potential and he holds himself to the same standard.

This opportunity that I have right here, there’s no leeway to come here and be average,” he said. “Coach Mac didn’t bring me here to be average, or to try to figure it out on the fly. I know what the expectations of Gators fans are. I have to be great at my job. So there’s not been a day that I’ve been here or a day that I’m going to be here that I’m going to take being here lightly. So I expect the same from my players as well.”

playzwtrux

Founding Member
Wait,... what?
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
hopefully this attitude will rub off on the HC & OC - they could use some of it

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Like what he has to say. Go for it Coach. And while you're at it, how bout kickin' Nussy's Azz and get him in line.

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016
https://www.seccountry.com/florida/florida-gators-football-brad-davis-offensive-line-coach

New Gators OL coach Brad Davis says ‘there’s no leeway to come here and be average’

"He says he wants to make very clear the standard for the group on the first day of spring ball, Feb. 28, and that there will be consequences for not meeting the standard. He wants the players to get the most out of their potential and he holds himself to the same standard.

This opportunity that I have right here, there’s no leeway to come here and be average,” he said. “Coach Mac didn’t bring me here to be average, or to try to figure it out on the fly. I know what the expectations of Gators fans are. I have to be great at my job. So there’s not been a day that I’ve been here or a day that I’m going to be here that I’m going to take being here lightly. So I expect the same from my players as well.”

I was going to post that I can't wait to see how t-rex throws a negator slant on Coach Davis' statements, but decided not to.

Last edited:

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
At this point, it's all benefit of the doubt for the new coaches. Hope something magic happens that brings an identity to what we do on the field. Go Gators!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.