Hot Lips RIP

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Yes blond. Sorry to see her pass, but it death comes for us all. I'm not sure dementia can kill someone, though. That's a new one on me. You can die 'with' dementia, but I can't see it killing someone.
Your brain stops working guiding your organs, breathing eating etc

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Your brain stops working guiding your organs, breathing eating etc

Ah, I'm more focused on the memory loss, but that makes a lot more sense. My MIL passed away last year, diagnosed in Feb with dementia and passed in October. We had to take her into hospital as her body was beginning to malfunction and nobody could identify why. Your statement makes more sense than the doctors offered.

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Loretta Swit will always be Hot Lips to me. She's still alive.

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
Went to see MASH the movie when it was released. Still get many of the actors and scenes conflated with the TV show. Sally Kellerman was great as the original Hot Lips though. And the words from Suicide is Painless just started buzzing around my head.

jeeping8r

Your car may go fast, Mine will go anywhere
Lifetime Member
Dec 18, 2015
Yes blond. Sorry to see her pass, but it death comes for us all. I'm not sure dementia can kill someone, though. That's a new one on me. You can die 'with' dementia, but I can't see it killing someone.

Effects of dementia killed my father in law. He fell and broke his hip, after surgery he refused to eat, maybe a sip of coke here and there but no food. A therapist told us that sometimes the anesthesia causes the brain to shut off certain things, In his case eating. He survived 13 days before dying, And per wifey it was not a peaceful death. Before falling his body was healthy as a horse, but his mind was gone.
So perhaps it wasn't dementia that killed him but it sure caused it.
I say dementia killed him, But I'm not a doctor.

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
The body forgets how to eat and they literally starve to death from malnutrition.

Bags of fluid can extend this but only a little.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Wow, used to fly Sally around in our Westwind jet when I was still flying charter out of Burbank. Nice lady.

I remember one time she had her grandkids with her on a trip to Aspen or some such, and one of them told me to "get me a coke!" I pointed to the fridge and said help yourself. Sally tore into that kid right away about his lack of manners.

wrpgator

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2019
When M*A*S*H movie was released, Stars & Stripes had this picture of Hot Lips on their Feature / Entertainment page.
upload_2022-3-3_7-59-34.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.