Apr 26, 2016
Call me old fashioned...

Crystal%20Hot%20Sauce.jpg

Alex.
a standard for me, flavor and enough heat to satisfy

Frozen Gator

Lifetime Member
Apr 26, 2016
Crystal was in every diner in the South forever. You sprinkle it on your scrambled eggs, amp up your chili, spice up your fried chicken, that sort of thing. It's not the best hot sauce, it's what you grew up with.

In the 70's folks would pour pickapeppa over cream cheese and serve with crackers (nowadays people use jalapeno pepper jelly). It's not a "hot" sauce, more of a table condiment. It's great on smoked wings, excellent with pork too.

pickapeppa_original-4.jpg

Alex.
a fine sauce but not if you want a lot of heat

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
@crosscreekcooter

Got a couple bottle of this in the mail this week. What-da-what??

Also got some of their BBQ sauce. Have you tried it?

image.jpeg

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I have, their products are excellent. The datil pepper sauce and their barbecue sauce is really good. Reminds me I have a jar of their salsa in the pantry that for some reason I havent tried yet.

Frozen Gator

Lifetime Member
Apr 26, 2016
I'll have to try the barbecue and hot sauce too; BTW my wife made the cheese cake for the bowl game and it was great!!!!!!!

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, that's Gren's, I was checking that recipe out. It Looks like it would have a custard consistancy. I made my first cheesecake a couple of weeks ago and it had more of a smooth custard consistancy with an apple pie filling on the bottom which I really liked.
DSC03622_zpscse1rmxx.jpg

Last week I made my second one that I found on-line called the Original New York Cheesecake which was awesome. I'll post the two recipes soon.
DSC03640_zpsd0qx4m8h.jpg

I used a graham cracker crust on my first 2. I'm gonna try Gren's cake next. The oat and walnut crust on that one looks like some seriously good eats.

grengadgy

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, that's Gren's, I was checking that recipe out. It Looks like it would have a custard consistancy. I made my first cheesecake a couple of weeks ago and it had more of a smooth custard consistancy with an apple pie filling on the bottom which I really liked.
DSC03622_zpscse1rmxx.jpg

Last week I made my second one that I found on-line called the Original New York Cheesecake which was awesome. I'll post the two recipes soon.
DSC03640_zpsd0qx4m8h.jpg

I used a graham cracker crust on my first 2. I'm gonna try Gren's cake next. The oat and walnut crust on that one looks like some seriously good eats.
Yeah, I didn't enter your two cheesecakes, I figured that you would if you liked them but if you don't have time just send me the links and I will post them. I have plenty of time. :)

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Did someone say hot sauce?

Cc0Ww-5UUAECq5K.jpg

grengadgy

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Cooter, I went ahead and entered your 2 cheesecakes , edit them as you see fit.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He could've downed 100 gals of water and still not stopped the burn. Water doesn't do a damn thing for pepper (Capsaicin) He should've had one glass of cold whole milk & it would do the trick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.