Houston Astros win World Series

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
stros up 2-0 in the 2nd. Who ya got?

BTW I just read that Kirk Gibson's famous game winning home run was on October 15th 1988. Two weeks later on October 29th 1988 was the last time the Gator football team was shut out. 29 years ago.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Got a feeling it's gonna be a high scoring game. Both pitching staffs are tapped, Astros know Darvish from his time with the Rangers, and the Dodgers just crush the ball at home. Look for a final of like 8-6. I like the Astros simply because I want to see a new team win a title.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
Got a feeling it's gonna be a high scoring game. Both pitching staffs are tapped, Astros know Darvish from his time with the Rangers, and the Dodgers just crush the ball at home. Look for a final of like 8-6. I like the Astros simply because I want to see a new team win a title.

Yep. When my teams out I always root fo who’s never won.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gotta root for Houston after the hurricane, they've never won it, and it's not LA.

Never been to LA, but I hate everything about it.
Saints won after Katrina.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
One team is on the high scoring plan anyway. Wonder if this is gonna go like game 7 between the Cards and Royals which was a total blowout.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Sorry alum that was teed up too high to pass up.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
Gotta root for Houston after the hurricane, they've never won it, and it's not LA.

Never been to LA, but I hate everything about it.
True. I typically root against all NY and LA teams myself. Think the only time i rooted for one was when the Angles played the Giants.

GatorRaz

Gator Fan in Enemy Territory!!!
Dec 12, 2014
I'm a huge LA fan. Darvish was way too tight. Arm slot different on every pitch. He was pitching to not get hit instead of going after hitters. Can't do that! Man up and shove it then if you get hit you get hit. If the Dodgers bunt in the first 3 innings it's 5-3 right now! Let's Gooooooooo!

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
The game was a bit of a letdown after such a fantastic postseason and World Series, but really happy for Houston!

Since65

Oct 5, 2014
Happy for the Astros and the folks in Houston. Happy that the Dodgers will head into their 30th year without a World Series.

Clayton Kershaw now has more post season hits than Ted Williams. And the same number of World Series titles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.