How about the rest of the season?

G

Founding Member
Founding Member
Dear Friends back home,
If you would be so kind as to tell me where this incident with Harris leaves us before the LSU game, and how this likely impacts on the rest of the season, as I said, I don t get 1/10 the media info you folks get, and I d like to hear where this board thinks this places us till FSU.
Thanks for answering
Bayern Gator
Aughsbur Germany

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
All depends on the QB(likely JD) at this point. The defense has stepped up and is playing well enough to win our remaining SEC games, with uga being the biggest task. If we get production from the offense, we have shot given that the rest of the tough games are either at home or in Jax. It's not so much that my confidence level has risen, but that our remaining opponents all look beatable.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
It leaves us in bad shape unless Driskel miraculously gets his stuff together. I see us being 6-4 going into the FSU game with Muschamp already fired prior to that game.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
William Donald Garrett?

What is it about three names?

John Wilkes Booth, Lee Harvey Oswald, James Earl Ray, Mark David Chapman, John Wayne Gacy...

Just saying you fellas might want to tread lightly around Mr. Garrett. No offense Mr. Garrett. You're in Germany? I live in Cambodia. My real name is Sven. And I'm a 78 year old woman. No, I take that back. I'm just kidding. I live in Tallahassee. My name is Jameis and I think you're a big fat jerk with mommy issues and I dare you to do something about it.

Alex.

Swamped Gator

Sep 17, 2014
Two things:

1) Does Treon come back, and when?

2) If he doesn't, how does Jeff perform?

I'm not confident there will be a quick investigation and I'm not confident in Jeff's ability to lead this team. So in other words, we'll have a new coach next year....

G

Founding Member
Founding Member
Dear Board,
Just thinking long term here, my worst fears are that the Gators will go back to the kind of success we had in the 1930s, and 40s. Not Pretty. I finally went to my cellar and got out a book about the HY of Gator Football... The 28 team was pretty good, things went downhill from there. Not until Woodruff came along in the 50s did it turn around. Between the 50s and 1990 we waited a long time to break through the glass roof. Some of my older family told me stories of those days, and I d rather we never saw that again. Even if we do, I ll still be a Class of 78 Gator,
Keep well till tomorrow.
Bayern Gator
Augsburg Germany

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
We have alot to play for. Our defense is going to have to play at the level they did last Saturday. With driskel I think we're 6-5 at best, though the wheels could completely fall off and we go 5-6. If Harris is cleared or Grier catches up to speed, I wouldn't rule morningwig out. Barring a qb change the only team we can surely pencil in as a win vandy.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n72040 said:
We have alot to play for. Our defense is going to have to play at the level they did last Saturday. With driskel I think we're 6-5 at best, though the wheels could completely fall off and we go 5-6. If Harris is cleared or Grier catches up to speed, I wouldn't rule morningwig out. Barring a qb change the only team we can surely pencil in as a win vandy.

Defense will have to play better than Saturday. Only two teams on the rest of our schedule might be as bad as Tennesse is offensively.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
TheDouglas78;n72043 said:
Defense will have to play better than Saturday. Only two teams on the rest of our schedule might be as bad as Tennesse is offensively.

I'd disagree. Their OL is inexperienced, but they moved the ball pretty well against OU for much of that game, and scored 32 on uga, both games on the road. Worley isn't all-world, but he's a Senior QB and has solid skill position players around him. I thought the D played fantastic in that environment.

Mizzou and uga will both be tests.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n72068 said:
I'd disagree. Their OL is inexperienced, but they moved the ball pretty well against OU for much of that game, and scored 32 on uga, both games on the road. Worley isn't all-world, but he's a Senior QB and has solid skill position players around him. I thought the D played fantastic in that environment.

Mizzou and uga will both be tests.

How many drives were stopped by Tennesse unforced miscues in the first half. Now the adjustments in the second half were very good. But Tennesse's own problems allowed us to stay in that game.

klgator

Jul 29, 2014
If Driskel hadn't been benched, I'm not sure we would have scored at all against Tennessee. I have no confidence in JD. None. If the rest of the teams on our schedule are beatable (with the exception of F$U), so are we. More so. I can't see him putting together a full game (a half at the most) where he clicks. The defense can only do so much. Muschamp will be let go at the end of the season for failing to ever grasp the offensive side of the program.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
TheDouglas78;n72076 said:
How many drives were stopped by Tennesse unforced miscues in the first half. Now the adjustments in the second half were very good. But Tennesse's own problems allowed us to stay in that game.

To be fair, they may have converted that 3rd and 1 if not for the false start backing them up 5. But how many times did we stop them for no gain? And what's to say they don't convert that one and then get stopped the following 3rd down? Obviously moot, and no way to prove, but it wasn't as if they marched on us all day, then just had hiccups in the redzone. They never got into a rhythm the way they did a week earlier.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n72083 said:
To be fair, they may have converted that 3rd and 1 if not for the false start backing them up 5. But how many times did we stop them for no gain? And what's to say they don't convert that one and then get stopped the following 3rd down? Obviously moot, and no way to prove, but it wasn't as if they marched on us all day, then just had hiccups in the redzone. They never got into a rhythm the way they did a week earlier.

The second half was the best defense performance we have had this year. But the first half, we were not even lining up properly. If there line didn't false start due to us having to reline up at least twice on third down, or other miscues they made I don't the second half performance would have mattered.

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
LSU- not playing offense or defense
Missouri- lost to Indiana
Georgia-One dimensional on offense wont work against our Defense. Defense got shredded pretty good by Tennessee
Vanderbilt-Turrible
South Carolina- Completely lost defensively and special teams. Lorenzo Ward is dead man walking
fsu- made Brissett look like a Heisman winner

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I think we are in trouble with Jeff at QB. He has not shown the ability to move the offense consistently. For whatever reason..., WRs have trouble catching the ball when he throws it.

Unless he turns into a different QB, I think we lose Mizzou, UGA and FSU.

LSU, USCe, Vandy all are winable games, but no guarantee.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
TheDouglas78;n72092 said:
The second half was the best defense performance we have had this year. But the first half, we were not even lining up properly. If there line didn't false start due to us having to reline up at least twice on third down, or other miscues they made I don't the second half performance would have mattered.

Fair enough. You could be right.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
As others have said, UF can have a good season this year just because other teams on the schedule are unusually bad. This team is only as good as Jeff Driskel. We've known that for 10 months now, and with this Harris situation it is going to remain true whether we like it or not. Driskel has not been good, but amazingly enough the majority of teams on UF's schedule could be worse. Hopefully Driskel will play better and the team will rally around him. That is a must if UF is going to win the East, which is still possible. Bowl eligibility should be easily obtained and is not a great accomplishment.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
ATXGator;n72133 said:
I think we are in trouble with Jeff at QB. He has not shown the ability to move the offense consistently. For whatever reason..., WRs have trouble catching the ball when he throws it.

Unless he turns into a different QB, I think we lose Mizzou, UGA and FSU.

LSU, USCe, Vandy all are winable games, but no guarantee.

I wouldn't argue with this. I'm half convinced the receivers are half-assing out there because they want "their boy" at QB. But I have no proof, nor evidence other than their piss poor performances.

Floridagator

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
If we use Jeff properly we can be successful. Use him more like Auburn did Marshall last year. Heavy run w motions/flys. You have to put your personnel in a position to succeed. Simplify and execute.

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r;n72270 said:
I wouldn't argue with this. I'm half convinced the receivers are half-assing out there because they want "their boy" at QB.

Ridiculous. A good QB makes marginal receivers look better, but a bad QB makes good receivers look awful. I don't know what kind of receivers we really have, but I do know the QB we've had is bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.