How did UF handle their Winston?

Floridagator

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
We had the same problem with a cocky idiot. We got rid of our disgrace. He then went to Auburn and won a Heisman and a NC. Yeah it may of cost us some hardware but we very well could have allowed that to happen at our school. (Allow him to run around unchecked) Your school, your program and your hardware will always be under fire for your raping, stealing, dirty team. Not just player. Fsux hitched their wagon to this monster. That school and him are one and the same. Enjoy your ride. Be scrong

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
How did you come up with such a creative screen name?

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Completely different set of circumstances, really. Plus Cam quit on his own and transferred to a JC, he wasn't kicked off the team.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Floridagator;n55078 said:
We had the same problem with a cocky idiot. We got rid of our disgrace. He then went to Auburn and won a Heisman and a NC. Yeah it may of cost us some hardware but we very well could have allowed that to happen at our school. (Allow him to run around unchecked) Your school, your program and your hardware will always be under fire for your raping, stealing, dirty team. Not just player. Fsux hitched their wagon to this monster. That school and him are one and the same. Enjoy your ride. Be scrong

Very unique take on the situation!

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I thought this was an Aaron Hernandez thread.

Floridagator

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Ox was already taken. You beat me to it back in the 90's at the GSMB

Floridagator

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
USA Today
"When Cameron Newton left the University of Florida it was assumed the major reason was because of his arrest on charges of stealing a laptop. According to FoxSports.com, Newton also faced a possible expulsion from school due to three separate instances of academic cheating."

Yup, high road Cam "decided" to leave.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
True. We did not handle him and was not kicked off the team. He bolted before expulsion. Would have been interesting if left up to the Coaching staff what would have happened. This became public, and that itself will make it totally different.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
TN G8tr;n55114 said:
True. We did not handle him and was not kicked off the team. He bolted before expulsion.

Link? Your azz doesn't count as a source. "It was assumed" isn't a source. You think they were going to boot Newton for petty theft when they didn't boot Hernandez for attempted murders? If the State were going to charge him, they would have done it regardless of whether or not he went to Kansas. Same thing for any admin sanctions. The university proceeds so that the kid can't just transfer back down the road.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n55124 said:
Link? Your azz doesn't count as a source. "It was assumed" isn't a source. You think they were going to boot Newton for petty theft when they didn't boot Hernandez for attempted murders? If the State were going to charge him, they would have done it regardless of whether or not he went to Kansas. Same thing for any admin sanctions. The university proceeds so that the kid can't just transfer back down the road.

That's exactly what I thought and still think. That is why I put "interesting to see what the coaching staff would have done." I didnt put assume either but leaving school that was a fact. Always thought he would have not been kicked off for the laptop,.

Floridagator

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
This is casual conversation on a message board lets not get all bent Out of shape. Just go look at fsu 24/7 messageboard, these guys cannot figure out why Jameis is being punished for cussing. These guys are that stupid.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Floridagator said:
This is casual conversation on a message board lets not get all bent Out of shape. Just go look at fsu 24/7 messageboard, these guys cannot figure out why Jameis is being punished for cussing. These guys are that stupid.
Agreed. that kind of went sideways there!

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Quick question, if you are expelled from school how the hell can you play football. That'd be pretty crazy. I'd imagine if expelled you don't have to worry about suspending someone from the team...lol. I know it is all conjecture.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n55124 said:
You think they were going to boot Newton for petty theft when they didn't boot Hernandez for attempted murders?
Yeah, we all knew Hernandez was a killer while at UF and looked the other way. :rolleyes:

Moronic comment, even for you.

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n55145 said:
Yeah, we all knew Hernandez was a killer while at UF and looked the other way. :rolleyes:

Actually Ox, I had a thread deleted on the old gsmb because of just this. There were issues surrounding Hernandez and a coach(es) were let go directly as a result of his (AH) actions. I am friends with some former players parents and was let in on some of this. Yes, "murder" was mentioned. I was told it was the result of some Hernandez and associates gang-banging. I knew he was a thug, but I really didn't believe the "murder" part. There were actually two separate incidences of Hernandez and his boys gunning someone. One guy died, one didn't. The guy that died was never pinned on him. The guy that was shot and didn't die was paid off. This second guy has been brought up again after his more recent actions. Again, I didn't believe (or didn't want to believe) it at the time. Now I know better.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
ufgator812 said:
oxrageous;n55145 said:

Actually Ox, I had a thread deleted on the old gsmb because of just this. There were issues surrounding Hernandez and a coach(es) were let go directly as a result of his (AH) actions. I am friends with some former players parents and was let in on some of this. Yes, "murder" was mentioned. I was told it was the result of some Hernandez and associates gang-banging. I knew he was a thug, but I really didn't believe the "murder" part. There were actually two separate incidences of Hernandez and his boys gunning someone. One guy died, one didn't. The guy that died was never pinned on him. The guy that was shot and didn't die was paid off. This second guy has been brought up again after his more recent actions. Again, I didn't believe (or didn't want to believe) it at the time. Now I know better.
I remember a thread on it but nothing ever made it to the media really on those accusations.

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous said:
Law98gator;n55124 said:
You think they were going to boot Newton for petty theft when they didn't boot Hernandez for attempted murders?

i get so sick of this retroactive Hernandez stuff. Give me a break. First, you can't believe everything media generated through partial facts or rumors ( I mean sources) about his UF time, Secondly, at least at the beginning, the Mass prosecutor's office was releasing all they could imply without needing to be factual to the media who didn't investigate and went with sensationalism instead of investigation,. Prosecutor office did this in order to support their case. I am not commenting on his guilt, This is an observation of what was agreed to in court, and what was released back at the early stages when I still bothered to follow it.
There is an adversarial process at play in the legal system. It is about winning, and often about political aspirations. The prosecutor presentation at the arraingment was taken as fact, and he not only contradicted himself a few times, as when the forensics he read contradicted his statements about the guy being shot in the back , but at other times. People took theory for fact when at least at that point it was not news releases and investigations into gainesville happenings in news color the Jury pool.

Schools are not responsible for what their players do the rest of their lives after they leave.

We are talking GPD and ACSO here not TPD. Give me a break. Urbs was not THAT powerful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator