How do our players match Kelly's offense?

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
It doesn't matter to me if we run/pass or pass/run. Just have an offense that scores points and is not an abomination to watch. Anything, and I mean anything will be an upgrade over PussMeier.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I love how we've been complaining about run first coaches the last 2 regimes and we are all thrilled with a coach who is a 60/40 run/pass guy.
Creyer was run first, sometimes 80/20.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Maybe our basketball players will fit Chip Kelly's offense? At least they know how to score.:grin:

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
I think we need to ask Matt Coral what type of Coach he wants. He’s our savior for the next four years

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
I think some of you guys know more about the offensive line fit than you are telling. You staying quiet because the misfit embarrasses the Kelly story?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I think some of you guys know more about the offensive line fit than you are telling. You staying quiet because the misfit embarrasses the Kelly story?
Our line is misfit in any offensive scheme. They can't run block, pass block, aren't light and mobile enough to run a sideways offense.

Like Butterteeth, they aren't good at anything.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I don’t think LDR is the answer, but I would prefer him over Franks ANY DAY
LDR will never be on the field with ANY of the names currently being mentioned, even facetiously, as our future HC.

LDR better be hoping for the return of Mike Shula.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Our line is misfit in any offensive scheme. They can't run block, pass block, aren't light and mobile enough to run a sideways offense.

Like Butterteeth, they aren't good at anything.
Could we briefly have a no spin zone? I honestly thought that this year our line was run blocking distinctly better and avoiding the egregious mistakes in pass blocking. That was a big part of why I clung to Mac for so long, waiting for our passing to catch up with our improved running. Did, or did not, our blocking improve this year? All bets off after the UGA debacle.

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
LDR will never be on the field with ANY of the names currently being mentioned, even facetiously, as our future HC.

LDR better be hoping for the return of Mike Shula.
You think that Franks should be? He stares down his receivers worse than Driskill, makes decisions worse than Harris, and reads a defense worse than Johnson.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Could we briefly have a no spin zone? I honestly thought that this year our line was run blocking distinctly better and avoiding the egregious mistakes in pass blocking. That was a big part of why I clung to Mac for so long, waiting for our passing to catch up with our improved running. Did, or did not, our blocking improve this year? All bets off after the UGA debacle.
Improved running. Show me the stats. Not the SEC home game only stats with games against teams that start with L,M, and N excluded.

yeah, whatever. I could show you a thousand of these. I was actually looking for one in particular when Taylor and McCoy blew up their guys and 82 and 51 missed entirely.

Ancient, I do admire your ability to find a spec of chocolate in every pile of poop though.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You think that Franks should be? He stares down his receivers worse than Driskill, makes decisions worse than Harris, and reads a defense worse than Johnson.
ldr won't be on the field.

you loved you some driskill but his problem wasn't staring down receivers as much as it was never looking up at all. he was in panic scramble mode all the time. johnson was pretty good, far better than anything we've had in a couple of decades. he was inconsistent, mostly do to being a hot head and or hungover. harris wasn't bad either, but he had some specific strenghts, ie throwing long seam routes and rpo, which butters n nuss weren't going to do regardless.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
The run blocking improved some but it was such a joke last season that isn't saying a lot. The new RB helped out there also being able to make decent cut moves etc.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
The run blocking improved some but it was such a joke last season that isn't saying a lot. The new RB helped out there also being able to make decent cut moves etc.
I know Davis helped, but I think Perine got 90 yds the game after Davis went down. I'm going to ignore Law this time--he is still in the spin zone.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Improved running. Show me the stats. Not the SEC home game only stats with games against teams that start with L,M, and N excluded.

yeah, whatever. I could show you a thousand of these. I was actually looking for one in particular when Taylor and McCoy blew up their guys and 82 and 51 missed entirely.

Ancient, I do admire your ability to find a spec of chocolate in every pile of poop though.

Kentucky doesn't start with an L, M, or N. There rushing defense is ranked fifth nationally. We ran for 186 yds and a 5.2 average.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
I don’t want to spend much time thinking about the OP until we hear an official announcement... but Malik Davis has to be excited about the possibilities.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator