How do you edit posts?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Okay, I figured out the issue. It's already been fixed for supporting members. Now I have to go into every other account one at a time to fix the others.

:facepalm:

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
When you fixed the edit did it fix the conversation/PM at the same time? Was I close?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Yes it did. The problem was everything on Xenforo plays off the user group "Registered". However, on vBulletin everyone plays off the user group "Registered Users". So everyone transferred over on a group that Xenforo doesn't recognize. To make everything work properly, I have to go name by name and change the user group. Over 600 names....

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Thats what I thought. We have a buy sell forum that requires 15 posts to post in and many times people cant post even after they get the required post count. It simply takes going into permissions and changing from registered to regular member.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yes it did. The problem was everything on Xenforo plays off the user group "Registered". However, on vBulletin everyone plays off the user group "Registered Users". So everyone transferred over on a group that Xenforo doesn't recognize. To make everything work properly, I have to go name by name and change the user group. Over 600 names....
You should makes the mods do it. Some arent pulling their weight around here and were clearly just selected for dumb labor purposes.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Supporting member perks? Haha, I like it!

L-boy

BANNED
Oct 16, 2014
Still can't edit posts.

So the plan is you have to pay to be able to edit posts?

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
So the plan is you have to pay to be able to edit posts?

Where did you get this idea? If I read correctly what Ox said, he said he "started" with the supporting members. Not that they were the only ones being taken care of...

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Where did you get this idea? If I read correctly what Ox said, he said he "started" with the supporting members. Not that they were the only ones being taken care of...
Exactly. He'll make his way through all posters, he just did the supporting members first.

L-boy

BANNED
Oct 16, 2014

Based upon some of the discussion in this thread and the fact that nothing has changed in several days.

Seems like instead of editing 600 users one by one in no particular order he'd sort and start with those that actually post. Still seems like a problem for him if every new user has to be customized to allow editing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OK it works nows

Last edited:

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Based upon some of the discussion in this thread and the fact that nothing has changed in several days.

Seems like instead of editing 600 users one by one in no particular order he'd sort and start with those that actually post. Still seems like a problem for him if every new user has to be customized to allow editing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't believe it's a problem for new users. It's only for previous users transfering over because of how the two different formats classified posters and the incompatibility there in.

He'll get through them. There's only so much he can do during the day, due to a new job he has. He gets to it more in the evenings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb