How Florida's Chiozza, Allen click to form the nation's most underrated backcourt

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
This is from CBSsports.com. Here is an excerpt:

CBSSports said:
How Florida's Chiozza, Allen click to form the nation's most underrated backcourt

The success of Chris Chiozza and KeVaughn Allen have the Gators ready to compete for SEC title

by Reid Forgrave

GAINESVILLE, Fla. -- Chris Chiozza sat down beside the practice court on a steamy recent Florida afternoon and laughed when he relived the moment he became a Gators legend.

You remember the moment, too. A Friday night in Manhattan. The seats of Madison Square Garden darkened but the court aglow. Florida down two to Wisconsin with four seconds left in overtime. Green Bay Packers quarterback (and Wisconsin superfan) Aaron Rodgers looking on in the stands, as was Chiozza's mom. A shot at the Elite Eight on the line. The very definition of a pressure-packed moment, a moment Chiozza had run over and over in his mind when he was growing up playing basketball with his dad at the Bartlett Recreation Center outside of Memphis, Tennessee.

Here is a link to the rest:

https://www.cbssports.com/college-b...o-form-the-nations-most-underrated-backcourt/

Chomper

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2014
Not sure how "underrated" they are. They are getting recognition and deservedly so. In any case, I am really jacked for hoops. Coach White continues to impress and this should be a really good season.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Not sure how "underrated" they are. They are getting recognition and deservedly so. In any case, I am really jacked for hoops. Coach White continues to impress and this should be a really good season.

I think Chiozza is a bit under rated because he has not started in his first three years. UF has had a habit in recent years of starting the guy with seniority rather than the best guy at PG. Now Chiozza wasn't quite a clearly better than Hill as in other of these situation. And Chiozza did not handle that well his Soph year regressing at times. Still he is a guy who has hit a big shot for UF and had a triple double. So hopefully he will be a great PG and not let starting cause him to try to do too much.

The irony of his winning shot against UWs is that I suspect the play was to go to Hill. UWs was too clever by half, double Hill who might well have used his great speed to run down and throw up an out of control layup attempt and UF would have lost. Instead the ball went to Chiozza though I think that Allen was open at the arc too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.