How good is Florida Gators' Jim McElwain? We're about to find out

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
This guy who wrote the article, Matt Baker, was just on the Finebaum show. He predicted an 8-4 record. Finebaum was shocked he predicted 4 losses, saying most writers who cover a team try to sugar coat things and pump up the program they cover. They also discussed how the fan base isn't overly thrilled w/ McElwain, w/ Finebaum saying he covered Florida for 4 games last year and after the Arkansas game heard a lot of grumbling.

I call BS...he has a 96% approval rate

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
I agree but the coaches don't. They are just as ball control, TOP, "DEAR GOD JUST DON'T THROW AN INTERCEPTION" as the last guy.

Shannon isn't great, but he is a better x and o guy than what we had and he isn't a prevent defense guy. I don't recall Shannon ever giving up 400+ yards the way Sidehat did in any game that mattered. We will see but I'm not worried about the DC at all.
i
You weren't watching his teams then in all the years he was at UM as a DC/HC his teams gave up 400+ yards a game 22 times. They gave up 500 yards 5 times. He gave up 400 yds like twice from 01-04. He pretty much gave up 400+ yds in every game that mattered. Including 555 yds to WF in 2009.

Last edited:

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
This guy who wrote the article, Matt Baker, was just on the Finebaum show. He predicted an 8-4 record. Finebaum was shocked he predicted 4 losses, saying most writers who cover a team try to sugar coat things and pump up the program they cover. They also discussed how the fan base isn't overly thrilled w/ McElwain, w/ Finebaum saying he covered Florida for 4 games last year and after the Arkansas game heard a lot of grumbling.
Yeah, they could hear ME grumbling all the way to Arkansas. This coaching staff has managed to beat the bottomfeeders and for that, you get a raise and an extension. If Mac can beat Little Jim, they will hear ME cheer all the way to Dallas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb