How Hernandez was taunted in NFL

Gatorup!

Nov 14, 2016
“We used to always mess with Hernandez when we were on the field and say, ‘Hey man I heard they found the body,'” Scott said. “And we thought it was a joke because we knew something had happened in Florida. So the whole running joke was hey I heard they found the body. Like we all knew he was a bad guy, there had been stories floating around this guy for years.”
Scott also noted that when Hernandez visited Patriots head coach Bill Belichick at the 2013 NFL Combine it was a “cry for help.”
He also went into how gangs can affect NFL players, and what he believed to be one of the biggest issues right off the bat for Hernandez, who was a Bristol, Conn. native. “Worst thing to ever happen to Hernandez was the fact that he got picked by a team where he was from. Because the hardest thing to do when you’re an athlete is to separate from where you come from,” Scott said. “We knew that he was in a gang, which a lot of players are in gangs, a lot of us grow up in gangs and what happens is it’s hard to remove yourself from them, but we’re removed by distance.

Read more at: https://nesn.com/2018/01/bart-scott-reveals-chilling-taunt-nfl-players-said-to-aaron-hernandez/
https://nesn.com/2018/01/bart-scott-reveals-chilling-taunt-nfl-players-said-to-aaron-hernandez/
Makes you wonder about those who recruited/drafted him.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I'd take Meyer back in a Micanopy minute.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
“Worst thing to ever happen to Hernandez was the fact that he got picked by a team where he was from. Because the hardest thing to do when you’re an athlete is to separate from where you come from,”
Yeah... he shot multiple people in Florida. It wasn't a zip code thing.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yes it was. He'd zip by and you'd code out.
To be fair, I don't think any of the Florida victims actually coded, despite 2 of the 3 getting shot in the head.

Last edited:

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He's dead and still generating headlines......... Like Bonny and Clyde.

Last edited by a moderator:

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
When I think of taunting, I think of things that can’t be prevented or avoided(height, weight, hair, complexion, etc). This sounds more like calling someone to task for their mistakes, which in this case involves at least one other person losing their life.

I’ll say again, Hernandez was nothing more than a kid who was needlessly swept up in a culture that glorifies the bad guy, without thinking of the consequences. He didn’t have to live that life. He chose to.

But this is part of the problem. We’re almost supposed to feel sorry for a killer because mean people dare to call him a killer or have a laugh at his expense.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
When I first saw the thread title I thought I was going to read about them taunting Hernandez for being gay. :dunno: Obviously I was wrong.

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Typical millennial. What happened to the days when we taunted those who hadn’t murdered people? Sad.

Last edited:

CapitalGator02

Founding Member
( . Y . )
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
Taunting? If it's well known among your peers that you're directly responsible for at least one murder, you deserve all of the shiit that comes your way. F#ck Hernandez.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.