How long before we're considered "National title contenders" again?

How long until we're considered a "National title contender" again?

• 1-2 yrs

• 3-4 yrs

• 5-6 yrs

• Whenever we hire a new coach

Results are only viewable after voting.

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
I personally think it will take a new coach which imo won't come until 2019. Mac will be given 2 more years no matter what happens this year. At that point the new coach will need at least 2 years under his belt to recruit elite talent to the team before were real contenders. Imo we don't have any elite players on our team minus our kicker. We have a lot of very talented player don't get me wrong but only Eddy is elite at his position. Thanks Mac for your first two years recruiting you've done a fine job.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
I would add a 10+ years choice.

Like I've said before, I think the administration at UF would rather be known as a Stanford or Duke than an Alabama or FSU. They are not committed to winning championships in football any longer.

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
This poll is invalid and incomplete because...
1. There is no ham sammich option.
2. There was no reference to Saban retiring, declining or dying. (While we might contend with him in the SEC, all roads lead through Bama until some drastic changes occur in the SEC / nation.

Gator98MD

Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2014
I personally think it will take a new coach which imo won't come until 2019. Mac will be given 2 more years no matter what happens this year. At that point the new coach will need at least 2 years under his belt to recruit elite talent to the team before were real contenders. Imo we don't have any elite players on our team minus our kicker. We have a lot of very talented player don't get me wrong but only Eddy is elite at his position. Thanks Mac for your first two years recruiting you've done a fine job.
I agree with Kev. Mac gets 2 more years regardless. Hes a nice guy but he hasn't shown ability to recruit truly elite players yet, and that is what it takes on a consistent basis to be a contender. Our regain of national relevance likely wont come under macs watch.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
If Mac was able to turn the offense around big time this season then we may have enough talent to contend in maybe 3 years. A lot of ifs in that scenario however.

playzwtrux

Founding Member
Wait,... what?
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
not only when we get a new coach, but when we get a great one. there aren't many out there and most are content where they are

dream schools - :rolleyes4:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I would add a 10+ years choice.

Like I've said before, I think the administration at UF would rather be known as a Stanford or Duke
Yes. And we have plenty of fans who enjoy losing and screaming 0-10-1.

Its like they are proud that we cant even field a team good enough to be a scout squad for the elite teams and enjoy bragging about just scoring once every few years vs clown town or trailerbammer.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
If we see quality QB play, I'll still give Mac a small chance of making it happen with an assumed bump in recruiting success that likely follows.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
If Mac was able to turn the offense around big time this season then we may have enough talent to contend in maybe 3 years. A lot of ifs in that scenario however.
There is zero chance we will ever contend with Butterteeth's recruiting skills.

ZERO.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The poll says contend, not win...... I think most of you are blinded by hate or Alabama Penis Envy...

What does contend mean? Being in the Top 10? Top 5? SEC Championship Game?

??????:scratchchin:????????

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Yes. And we have plenty of fans who enjoy losing and screaming 0-10-1.

Its like they are proud that we cant even field a team good enough to be a scout squad for the elite teams and enjoy bragging about just scoring once every few years vs clown town or trailerbammer.

:pe:F-OFF!

:bananawave:

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
If we see quality QB play, I'll still give Mac a small chance of making it happen with an assumed bump in recruiting success that likely follows.

I think it all pretty much rides on this. IF, IF, and I say IF that happens Mac will get that bump in the recruiting game. It all comes down to how you play and WIN. I am hopeful, but not betting the farm on it.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
The next guy is gonna have a pretty decent sized rebuild on his hands. The culture is gonna have to completely change. We have a happy to be here mentality running the show now. If the next guy is a lights out recruiter, I'd say 3-4 years from his hiring we could contend.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
How about perhaps never. The field has changed a lot and having a university with high standards in academics and ethics it might not happen again. We also have massive competition in the state of Florida, look at all those programs that either did not exist or were not that competitive for any decent player in the past. Now of course we don't want to be FSU, and Bama has only one competitor in their state. Perhaps when Saban retires.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.