How long does Mac last?

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
I think he's officially on the hot seat with the homer beat writers (Dooley and Co.) finally writing what some of us have been saying for well over a year. Agree or disagree?

I think he still lasts into the 2018 season, as he'll use Nuss as the scapegoat to buy himself more time. That along with the huge buyout will be what the administration uses as justification. Thoughts?

I said in another post that McElwain will last 19 more games at UF including the SEC championship game this year. So that would mean he would be fired after the 6th game of the 2018 season. And yes of course Nuss is gone after this year unless UF's offense becomes really good and we look back at the Michigan game as anomaly.

Last edited:

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I said in another post that McElwain will last 19 more games at UF including the SEC championship game this year. So that would mean he would be fired after the 6th game of the 2016 season. And yes of course Nuss is gone after this year unless UF's offense becomes really good and we look back at the Michigan game as anomaly.
If he makes it back to Atlanta his year, they're likely to erect a statue of him.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I said in another post that McElwain will last 19 more games at UF including the SEC championship game this year. So that would mean he would be fired after the 6th game of the 2016 season. And yes of course Nuss is gone after this year unless UF's offense becomes really good and we look back at the Michigan game as anomaly.

That's only eight games using your retroactive formula, but I bet you have no trouble selling the idea on this board. :lol:

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I think he's officially on the hot seat with the homer beat writers (Dooley and Co.) finally writing what some of us have been saying for well over a year. Agree or disagree?

I think he still lasts into the 2018 season, as he'll use Nuss as the scapegoat to buy himself more time. That along with the huge buyout will be what the administration uses as justification. Thoughts?

I think it's a rough season ahead. After he gets demolished by that FSU D again...the noise is too loud and he get ****canned...deservedly so.

Terrible hire. Foley should be permanently retired and not allowed any access to the program.

YLGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 14, 2016
I think we find out who we want to be as an organization this year. My fear is that the Administration is content to be a middling 8-4 type team that goes 5-7/6-6 in bad years and 9-3/10-2 in good years but never really competes for championships. Its pretty darn clear at this point that Mac has no answers. His plan for success is flawed and he now looks lost. If as I suspect, we lose to TN, LSU, A&M and UGA and are sitting at 3-5 on Halloween with an offense in the 100's, Mac should get canned. If he's not, then I think we'll have our answer.

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
The new AD is the X-factor in this grab-asstic free-for-all we are amused to call Florida Football. Unfortunately, he no doubt shares some culpability in the insanely ill-considered contract extensions. He does however have one sterling quality that is at this moment his primary saving grace. His last name is not Foley. Let us hope that he or some other brave soul will grow the nads to do what has to be done - sooner rather than later.

KronoGator

Aug 28, 2014
I think we find out who we want to be as an organization this year. My fear is that the Administration is content to be a middling 8-4 type team that goes 5-7/6-6 in bad years and 9-3/10-2 in good years but never really competes for championships.
Agreed, the only way Mac is gone in the next 2 years is if he starts embarrassing the school off the field, like the debit card thing getting bigger.

The admin no longer wants the trouble of a successful program, don't even need people to go to games anymore with SEC network money paying for this.

EyeDocGator

Politically Incorrect
Lifetime Member
Oct 26, 2015
Not one reason to keep him around any longer.

The one big reason to keep Mac around for a while is to not lose the 2018 signing class. If he's replaced too soon the next guy will have nothing to work with.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
The one big reason to keep Mac around for a while is to not lose the 2018 signing class. If he's replaced too soon the next guy will have nothing to work with.

One of the things I heard with the Chump. Gotta keep him to keep the class intact.

Uh NO. Mac is garbage. Not SEC caliber. The longer you keep him...the longer it will take to fix it.

MotownGator

Legacy member
BANNED
Jul 19, 2014
Mac has choices to make. He cannot act like Spurrier and expect to win. Spurrier would kick out bad apples and still have enough to win. This clown has to play some not so kosher players. Look at OU, their QB was arrested in summer for resisting arrests. You gotta win with what you got. Tell UPD to go f themselves. Call them out as Noles and Dawgs. In the wise words of a great leader, "You're either with uf or against uf"

PaulDrake

Della Street's Baby Daddy
Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Just saw we are 121st of 125 teams on total offense. My question is who the hell is below us? I can't for the life of me imagine who could be actually worse....jfc

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.