How many years are we set back?

Swamped Gator

Sep 17, 2014
I'll be kind and give Muschamp a mulligan on the first year, every head coach deserves that. That leaves us with three years of setbacks with Chump. Even if he's fired today it's doubtful that any coach could completely right this ship in one season. So you're looking at four years down the drain. Factor in the loss of recruits when Chump is fired and you can probably tack on at least another year of mediocrity. I love this team but the future is not bright right now... Is this what if felt like to be a Nole fan during the Meyer reign and Bowden decline?

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
No, it is not. FSU, despite their mediocrity during the Bowden decline, never lost to an FCS opponent.

The right HC could come in and properly coach the talent we have to at least 8 wins in year one and build on it. We have talent on the roster, it is poorly coached and prepared.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
1-2 if we strike now the way we did with Zook. The 2012 class was stout and '13 wasn't bad either. A new coach would inherit an 8-9 win team immediately and keep it rolling. Keep in mind our '15 class is already light and our best targets are watching the year to see if the staff will be here. Lost cause, IMO . Prepare for the future, now.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Roster deficiencies abound. Signing only 2 of Florida's top 25 is a disadvantage that takes awhile to rectify regardless of who the new coach is.

Swamped Gator

Sep 17, 2014
LagoonGator68 said:
Roster deficiencies abound. Signing only 2 of Florida's top 25 is a disadvantage that takes awhile to rectify regardless of who the new coach is.
That's what I'm concerned about. The longer we wait the longer we get set back as well.

Gator87

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Muschamp years are like dog years, every year he's here sets us back 7, cut him loose now.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
LagoonGator68;n56798 said:

Spurrier turned Matthews, Duncan, Mills and others into stars in his first year. Meyer took Reggie Lewis, Vernell Brown and Marcus Manson and won 9 games to set up that '06 class.

The right guy can win with this roster and build on it through recruiting.

Gator charm

Founding Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Mush dawg has moved the
Program back to pre SOS days. We are not relevant in SEC football anymore. Foley has destroyed what SOS built. It is embarrassing.

Gator charm

Founding Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator said:
LagoonGator68;n56798 said:

Spurrier turned Matthews, Duncan, Mills and others into stars in his first year. Meyer took Reggie Lewis, Vernell Brown and Marcus Manson and won 9 games to set up that '06 class.

The right guy can win with this roster and build on it through recruiting.
Mush dawg wouldn't recognize anything. Worst HBC in
UF history.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Gator charm;n56815 said:
Mush dawg has moved the
Program back to pre Pell days. We are not relevant in SEC football anymore. Foley has destroyed what SOS built. It is embarrassing.

FIFY.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
We lose green, garcia and t. Brown off the oline this year, for example.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Gator charm;n56815 said:
Mush dawg has moved the
Program back to pre SOS days. We are not relevant in SEC football anymore. Foley has destroyed what SOS built. It is embarrassing.

See I'd disagree there as well. There is enough talent on this team, that, combined with the history and reputation of UF, scares the hell out of many teams. That's relevance. WM has seemingly tried his best to destroy that, but I assure you that people still worry about us. They just can't believe how bad WM has botched things. A big name immediately makes us a threat.

Swamped Gator

Sep 17, 2014
I'm tired of us being a laughing stock. I can't stand the cockiness of my Nole friends. These are terrible times...

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Swamped Gator said:
I'm tired of us being a laughing stock. I can't stand the cockiness of my Nole friends. These are terrible times...
Time to get new friends

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Swamped Gator said:
812 is correct.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Dude, Saban, Mr. By the Book. Mr. Conservative. Mr. Defense took a 3rd down 5 yard penalty to back us out of fg range because he had zero concern that we might convert and/or score.

That's how irrelevant we are. The Lil Elf was laughing at us.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator said:
1-2 if we strike now the way we did with Zook. The 2012 class was stout and '13 wasn't bad either. A new coach would inherit an 8-9 win team immediately and keep it rolling. Keep in mind our '15 class is already light and our best targets are watching the year to see if the staff will be here. Lost cause, IMO . Prepare for the future, now.
^This!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator