How much is your team worth?

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
UF's value to me is infinite. It provided me with a good education and some experiences that have lasted a lifetime. It also provided each of my three children the same. It continues to provide entertainment and pride of accomplishments for all our sports teams and of course the academic achievements of our students and graduates.

Now from a practical point of view the valuation is a result of the assumptions used and does not include intangibles very well.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
VulcanAlex;n139668 said:
UF's value to me is infinite. It provided me with a good education and some experiences that have lasted a lifetime. It also provided each of my three children the same. It continues to provide entertainment and pride of accomplishments for all our sports teams and of course the academic achievements of our students and graduates.

Now from a practical point of view the valuation is a result of the assumptions used and does not include intangibles very well.

True story but I think they are only talking about the value of the football team alone.

Mudd

Lurker
Aug 19, 2014
VulcanAlex;n139668 said:

The question was team not school.

BearCatGator

Aug 26, 2014
Looks good for the SEC with 12 teams in the top 50 and 5 of the top 10. It surprised me to see South Carolina being that far up there and Kentucky being 37. UK is lucky to win 6 games a year and USC has only been good the last few years. It is also interesting the Florida has played 8 of the top 11 (counting ourselves) the last few years. I also finding it amazing that between 2 and 3 there is over a $100 difference.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I thought the football program was hemorrhaging money because of Foley hiring Will Muschamp? Looks like we're the most valuable football team in the SEC.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The last report said we'd lost 14 million in a year and projected another big loss. I'm not sure what the "value" of the program is. Actual income is easier to count.

Accountants going to account.

I take it you have enjoyed all the extra room from the empty seats in the stadium.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n140041 said:
The last report said we'd lost 14 million in a year and projected another big loss. I'm not sure what the "value" of the program is. Actual income is easier to count.

I take it you have enjoyed all the extra room from the empty seats in the stadium.

Well according to those links, the team was worth $60M more at the beginning of 2014 than it was at the beginning of 2013. I don't know how much of that you can attribute to inflation or bad accounting, but that's a pretty nice increase if you ask me.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n140041 said:

Yeah that's one reason Sasquatch loved Muschamp so much. He's a big guy, and the last couple of years he's been able to stretch out and put his feet up on the two rows in front of him.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n140050 said:
Yeah that's one reason Sasquatch loved Muschamp so much. He's a big guy, and the last couple of years he's been able to stretch out and put his feet up on the two rows in front of him.

Well that's because SQ's parents don't go to many games anymore and their tickets are in front of ours. :banana:

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n140051 said:
Well that's because SQ's parents don't go to many games anymore and their tickets are in front of ours. :banana:

:giggle:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.