How much money did Case Keenum just earn?

CaseyGator

Ox’s Favorite Poster
Sep 13, 2016
For one pass?

I guess if you want to look at it that way. The Vikes either pay to keep him or let him go and stick with Sam Bradford and/or Teddy Bridgewater. I can’t imagine the fan base being to keen on letting him go after this. (You see what I did there?)

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
I dislike the Vikings but the last 5 minutes was epic. I am still shaking my head at the saints defender.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Wow, a defender who misses colliding with another. Boom.

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
Wow, a defender who misses colliding with another. Boom.
I have a source that says Randy Shannon was, in fact, coaching the safeties for New Orleans since being let go at UF. The UCF job was just a smokescreen.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
When I watch that I see a horrible defensive play rather than a great offensive play. Both Keenum and Diggs did a great job, but that never should have been a TD.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He caused that safety Williams to score a TD for Minnie.

He wasn’t that good with Houston. How was he this year? Good enough to sign to a long term deal?

Classic journeyman imo.

The Shady Grove Gator

Relapsed Wise-Ass
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
No let him walk...journeyman at best, remember Brad Johnson. True franchise QBs assert themselves within 3 years of being on a roster...Aaron Rogers not withstanding.

CaseyGator

Ox’s Favorite Poster
Sep 13, 2016
I’m honestly not sure how good he is, but he's what,13-3 this year, including today’s game? I haven’t watched many Vikes games this year, but I saw some chatter saying his play would put him in the same discussion with Kirk Cousins this offseason in the $20 mil a year range.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
NFL is changing again and it's no longer about an elite QB in order to win. He'll get his money and Teddy B will be a FA.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
I'd tag him. You don't pay a one year wonder a huge deal. I think he comes back to earth next season.

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I guess if you want to look at it that way. The Vikes either pay to keep him or let him go and stick with Sam Bradford and/or Teddy Bridgewater. I can’t imagine the fan base being to keen on letting him go after this. (You see what I did there?)
Bridgewater and Bradford are both better passers. Keenum seems to have the intangible that doesn't always show up in the measurables; the guy just wins. He floats a lot of passes and at times his throws look bad, but his rainbows and ducks also have a way of finding his receivers at the right place for his guys to make a play. It happened quite a few times when the Vikings really needed it today.

As far as what to do with him, that's easy. If they can keep him for less than Bradford, bye bye Bradford. Otherwise, good luck on your next team, Case.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Looks like Philadelphia vs NE for super bowl rematch, with NE winning another close one.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I'd tag him. You don't pay a one year wonder a huge deal. I think he comes back to earth next season.

franchise tag will be estimated at 34 million can you tie up that much for a 3rd qb?

CaseyGator

Ox’s Favorite Poster
Sep 13, 2016
Bridgewater and Bradford are both better passers. Keenum seems to have the intangible that doesn't always show up in the measurables; the guy just wins. He floats a lot of passes and at times his throws look bad, but his rainbows and ducks also have a way of finding his receivers at the right place for his guys to make a play. It happened quite a few times when the Vikings really needed it today.

As far as what to do with him, that's easy. If they can keep him for less than Bradford, bye bye Bradford. Otherwise, good luck on your next team, Case.

I’d agree that Bradford is a better passer, but I don’t think he’s ever completed an entire season. Hard to be a good passer on the sidelines. I don’t know how you can put much faith (not to mention a considerable amount of money and the potential success of your franchise for the next few years) on a guy who can’t stay on the field. And Bridgewater looked good, but he’s still a work in progress and you wonder how his knee is going to hold up. All 3 of them are going to be free agents, so who do you have more faith in to lead your team. I’d pay Keenum over Bradford any day at this point, but I’ve never been that impressed by Bradford, mostly because he’s the human equivalent of a toothpick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator