How The Five Stars Are Doing

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
Not that this really affects us but I think it is interesting to see some names on there that we were hard after not getting any PT while here they could have played a bunch as true freshman....

This week at 247Sports we're using the mid-point of the season to check in onplayers, coaches and storylines. Below are the five-star 2016 recruits per the industry-generated 247Sports Composite and how they've fared in their first season on campus, followed by freshmen superlatives.

• 1. Rashan Gary, DT, Michigan — Tied for sixth in tackles (20) among Michigan players, with five for loss, one sack and four QB hurries.

• 2. Dexter Lawrence, DT, Clemson — Fourth on the team with 33 total tackles, 4.5 sacks, five QB hurries and a fumble recovery.

• 3. Gregory Little, OT, Ole Miss — Hasn’t started yet for Ole Miss but is playing very well when he’s on the field.

• 4. Shea Patterson, QB, Ole Miss — Redshirting this season and is on track to take over for Chad Kelly in 2017.

• 5. Jacob Eason, QB, Georgia — The big-armed Eason has started six of seven games for Georgia. He set career highs in touchdowns (three) and passing attempts (55) in a comeback win at Mizzou in September.

• 6. Ed Oliver, DT, Houston — Second on the team in tackles with an astounding 43, 9.5 for loss. Has notched three sacks and broken up (tipped) five passes.

• 7. Levonta Taylor, CB, Florida State — Beginning to flash in the secondary for the Seminoles despite recording few stats.

• 8. Nick Bosa, DE, Ohio State — Joey’s little brother is making a name for himself, especially after recording a sack in Saturday’s primetime tilt with Wisconsin. On the season Bosa has five tackles for loss including three sacks.

• 9. Derrick Brown, DT, Auburn — In the rotation for the Tigers along the defensive front.

• 10. Ben Davis, LB, Alabama — Hasn’t played this season.

• 11. Mique Juarez, LB, UCLA — Is on an excused absence from the team while coping with psychological issues.

• 12. Isaac Nauta, TE, Georgia — One of Eason’s favorite targets has 15 receptions for 198 yards and two touchdowns.

• 13. Mecole Hardman Jr., ATH, Georgia — Has two tackles and is playing on special teams for Georgia.

• 14. Demetris Robertson, WR, California — The late signee was worth the wait for the Cal Bears. In an Air Raid offense that ranks as the nation’s No. 4 passing attack, Robertson has 20 catches for 338 yards and five scores.

• 15. Mack Wilson, LB, Alabama — Playing some fullback in goal-line situations until the loaded linebacker two-deep opens up some, Wilson has one catch for one yard and — get this — one touchdown.

• 16. Oluwole Betiku, DE, USC — Made his career debut against Colorado on Oct. 8. Hasn’t recorded any official stats yet.

• 17. Jonah Williams, OT, Alabama — Has started every game at right tackle and is earning high marks.

• 18. McTelvin Agim, DE, Arkansas — Of his 11 tackles, three are for loss with 1.5 sacks.

• 19. Jeffery Simmons, DE, Mississippi State — After being suspended for the season opener, Simmons is second on the Bulldogs with two sacks.

• 20. Miles Sanders, RB, Penn State — Playing behind Saquon Barkley, Sanders has six carries for 66 yards and one touchdown.

• 21. Kristian Fulton, CB, LSU — The Tigers are beginning to work in Fulton more and more. He has two tackles.

• 22. Jack Jones, CB, USC — Jones won’t start at cornerback this season barring injury to a couple of fellow former five stars (Adoree’ Jackson, Iman Marshall) but he is getting work there and at kick return.

• 23. Rashard Lawrence, DT, LSU — No sacks and five tackles in five games of participation for Lawrence.

• 24. Benito Jones, DT, Ole Miss — A force so far as a backup, with 17 tackles (2.5 for loss) and three QB hurries.

• 25. Caleb Kelly, LB, Oklahoma — Kelly’s played in four games and has four total tackles.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
For some reason I just can't get into these "what could have been" threads. We didn't get em, so what they do for someone else just doesn't matter to me.:dunno:

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
A lot of future stars in that list.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
For some reason I just can't get into these "what could have been" threads. We didn't get em, so what they do for someone else just doesn't matter to me.:dunno:

Not so much of "What Could Have Been" but rather looking at Fulton, Davis and a few others and laughing knowing that they could have had PT here

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Not so much of "What Could Have Been" but rather looking at Fulton, Davis and a few others and laughing knowing that they could have had PT here

I guess unless they went to UGA or FSU and kill it against us, I just don't care. If they aren't contributing to our success in some way, they're completely irrelevant to me.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
There's this nearby french restaurant that's never disappointed me.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
I've watched climpson a bit and am irritated we couldn't get D Lawrence. The kid looks good as a true freshman.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.