HS QB Accuracy Matters: Case for Kadarius Toney

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
This is a pretty long article. And really delved a lot into stats comparing Multiple successful and unsuccessful college quarterbacks against their high school stats in finding a corollary. And then doing the same with the UF QB depth.

Basically if you’re not accurate in high school you’re not going to magically become accurate in college.

You can probably go to about halfway into the article. Spends a lot of time talking about Doug Flutie in the beginning. But it’s worth a read.

https://www.readandreaction.com/2018/01/01/yet-kadarius-toney-starting-qb-florida-gators-2018/

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Mehhhh... and yet, I agree.

What he should be analysizing is whether or not it matters if a Mullinz QB can throw and how many of Mullinz "passes" are just shuttle passes/aka forward 4 yard options.

Last edited:

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
A lot of brain surgery in this analysis to get to the same point, i.e. the guy with the highest pass completion % is the guy. The passer rating methodology is heavily weighted to the pass completion %. Of the five factors used, 3 require pass completions to occur and the other factor is the divisor to the 4. What is not factored is the receiver quality, YAC, sacks, offensive line play, 3rd down or red zone play, as well as the offensive coach's play-calling propensity.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I was gonna say, KToney might be more durable, thanks to our upgraded S&C program; then heard a rumor that our new S&C coach is in a boot.??

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Just like if you aren't accurate in College you aren't going to magically accurate in the NFL....

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I think its a no brainer to give Toney another look at qb. I expect they'll roll with Jones though

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator