Huntley Johnson - wrecking ball for UF admin

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
http://www.gainesville.com/news/20170809/attorney-fire-fuchs-for-sunshine-violations

Huntley is definitely trying to establish cred against UF to not mess with his players under retainer. Now he is going after the president. All UF athletes in any type of legal trouble will have him on speed dial. Sending a strong message that the football team is to be treated like the players in the school out west.
Haven't been a fan of the UF admin since Lombardi, so let him turn the screws on them

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Im down with firing Fuchs Strichnine and Butters, in whatever order.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I guess the real question is why does Johnson have a hard on (no pun intended) for Fuchs?

NovaGator

Dec 10, 2015
If the UF Administration chooses to turn the screws on Huntley, I suspect they have
the means- and the muscle- to do it. Never wise to take on City Hall.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I think Huntley is a tool but I also think that we are at quite a disadvantage because we insist on enforcing the law with our athletes.
I am all for doing the right thing but it becomes ridiculous when you are the only one.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Haven't been a fan of the UF admin since Lombardi, so let him turn the screws on them
Lombardi was the real deal. Smart and not a pretentious bone in his body, One Gator Growl they had a video of him in the beginning making what seemed to be a serious speech. Then he gets up from the desks and walks around wearing his boxers............same gator growl Albert comes out in costume and leads a cheer. Takes off the head and it is Emmitt Smith. Place went nuts.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
If UF broke the Sunshine Law, then UF and those at UF who broke the law are who deserves to be punished. I am not sure why Johnson would think it is appropriate to punish by firing someone who did not work at UF at the time of these purported violations and who gave up another job to come to UF.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
If UF broke the Sunshine Law, then UF and those at UF who broke the law are who deserves to be punished. I am not sure why Johnson would think it is appropriate to punish by firing someone who did not work at UF at the time of these purported violations and who gave up another job to come to UF.
Probably because they're the ones who violated the law when the Sunshine Law requests were made. But maybe just because he's tired of their s*** like the rest of us.

CU-UF

Meh
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Because he was hired under false pretenses.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Because he was hired under false pretenses.

So? He did not do the hiring under false pretenses. It does not seem that Johnson or anyone is claiming that Fuchs committed fraud or somehow faked his credentials. No one that I see is claiming Fuchs does not have credentials that qualify him for the job.

In addition Fuchs gave up the provost position at Cornell to take the UF position. So Fuchs would in fact be damaged were he to be removed as UF president unless what Johnson has in mind is removing him but continuing to pay him for some period? Even that would hurt his career.

I bet Johnson would take the case of Fuchs suing UF for the very real damages he would be suffering under this set of facts.

CU-UF

Meh
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
His contention is that the process was compromised, therefore, we have no way of knowing if Fuchs was the best candidate, since the hiring was done behind closed doors and not in the "sunshine". And you are correct, but it is UF's fault that they broke the rules and hired Fuchs so yes, UF would also be responsible for any damages that Fuchs might be entitled to. At least if he can prove it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.