Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
:sadnanner:

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Spent the last 2 days prepping. We're ready. If it tracks out into the gulf and strengthens we'll probabaly leave. If it stays east of appalachicola we'll ride it out. I'm ready either way. Plenty of guns ammo and beer.
Where r u?

If you r st marks you r sweating it.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
My parents are in Gainesville and too old to brave the traffic. Dad expects loss of power but hoping it won't get worse than that.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Well, it made the big turn overnight and was magnificent to watch on satellite even if it sucked knowing what was coming. It's gonna caress Indian Rocks Beach as a Cat 3 before it makes landfall up at Big Bend.

If I knew the electricity would stay on, I'd probably ride it out. It won't. We're gonna bop up to G'ville and hang with a buddy for a couple days and, of course, the juice will go out there, too. Isn't that how it always works?

Be safe, my fellow Pinellans. It's gonna get rough tonight.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I'm East Coast, the Cocoa-Cape Canaveral window... but my favorite places to beach are that Marco-Long Boat-Captiva-Siesta Key-Sunset beach belly... can almost cry thinking about the beating forthcoming... God protect the families now in harms way. We all have to get our camping mentality face on and constantly wipe the grit and oil off our faces for days if not weeks. Be safe to all my affected GCMB, signing off to begin monitoring for leaks and creaks through the night. Go Gators!

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Any of you guys gonna post actual video while you are riding it out? Looking for first hand experience.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Well, my mom and dad are sheltered inside for good now. Now I get to defecate all over myself for the next 18 hours or so.

ppinesgator

Founding Member
aka "Biggums"
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
Been locked up in the house with wife, son and MIL since 4 p.m. yesterday. There's a curfew and no one is allowed on the roads. This is a long, long process. So far I've lost about half of our landscaping - the wind beats away at it and gradually, trees and shrubs are laying down. The winds are at their highest right now.

But somehow, we've kept power the whole time.We overstocked with food and beer, luckily. The curfew is going to last until 10 a.m. tomorrow, at the earliest - be prepared to be inside for 36 hours, folks. Luckily, we've got a newer roof and high impact windows - seeing able to see out makes this a bit less tortuous.

Wifey and her mom are basically having a cookoff. My son and I are fattening up.

We're lucky the storm skirted west. Sympathies to those on the West Coast.

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Been locked up in the house with wife, son and MIL since 4 p.m. yesterday. There's a curfew and no one is allowed on the roads. This is a long, long process.
People are going to be through their 72 hour supply before the storm hits in many places.

ppinesgator

Founding Member
aka "Biggums"
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
People are going to be through their 72 hour supply before the storm hits in many places.
Brickell Avenue in Miami.

a7a0c07336fab07a9bff118394afff8a.jpg

Holy ****. I worked about a half a block from there for five years. The Miami River is about ten feet underneath that highway of water. It has spilled its banks completely and it looks to me like tens of millions of damage to downtown hotels. This is from storm surge, not rain.

Miami Circle Park is completely underwater. That's the Epic Hotel and condos across the shore - there's likely fish in the lobby. Brickell Key is the left- looks like their seawall was broached too.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.