Hurricane Irma check-in / status report

revgator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I'm in Saint Pete, we'll be staying. Supplied, stocked, and prepared.

I was in Charlotte county for Charley in 2004. Cat 4, no electricity for 15 days. This isn't my first go around.

I highly doubt the panic will be warranted but everyone has to play the game.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
I'm about a 9-iron away from the Atlantic, but steadfastly committed to weathering the storm here in Boston. Never been scared of a hurricane before, never will be!

Seriously, y'all be safe, Gator Family!

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
This old deskjockey is turning off the pc, grabbing my dusty medic bag and stethoscope and heading south. Everyone be safe and smart.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Maps is showing about 5 hours right now to drive from Fort Pierce to Gainesville.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Houseboat, Key West. Life is one big fourth-and long.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Reno, NV. Site/Stick build in 1999. Concrete roof tiles that have sustained winds with gust exceeding 80mph. I back up to a water channel for flooding and we've been close but I'm gonna ride this one out. You all be safe.

CU-UF

Meh
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Gainesville. staying put regardless, unless one of my oaks comes crashing through, which is a definite possibility. Gainesville is in full on panic mode right now as if we were on the coast.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Some quick news, apparently some jagoff hit the highway 90 overpass in Lake City. Heard they are having to detour traffic. I-75 was moving pretty decent north of Gainesville but that is subject to change. If you are heading North, there are three exits before Lake City, I believe. Better to catch the back road early than get stuck.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
North Tampa - Staying.

I bought tickets for this weekend's game on StubHub. Because they won't cancel the damn game I'm going to be forced to go.

I'm not looking forward to the traffic.

Canceled!

:bananadance2:

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Several gas stations along I-75 near Atlanta already out of fuel.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Shelby, NC. Staying put. Unfortunately unable to convince my aging parents in PH to get out and come visit.:banghead::banghead:

With my new gubmint job, I get to train to staff a Red Cross shelter if needed up here, only if we have major power outages. 40-60 mph wind due here Tuesday at daybreak depending on the track.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
As of 5pm, 44% of the gas stations in Hogtown were completely empty, the highest of the 5 cities reported on GasBuddy. Incredible. I should have stayed on the ocean.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm 54 feet above sea level, 40 miles from the Gulf in Hillsborough Ct. Will ride it out and clean up Monday. I'm only expecting a wind event but it's just too early to accurately predict the path. Stay safe ya'll!

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Shelby, NC. Staying put. Unfortunately unable to convince my aging parents in PH to get out and come visit.:banghead::banghead:

With my new gubmint job, I get to train to staff a Red Cross shelter if needed up here, only if we have major power outages. 40-60 mph wind due here Tuesday at daybreak depending on the track.

Hey, buddy, I think we're going to be okay here, but I understand your concern. The older they are, the more resistant they are to change. I'll keep you posted.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
IMG_2653.png

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Hey, buddy, I think we're going to be okay here, but I understand your concern. The older they are, the more resistant they are to change. I'll keep you posted.

Thanks. Seeing level A evacuations in Pinellas already. Smart move in case that thing wobbles out into the Gulf.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Thanks. Seeing level A evacuations in Pinellas already. Smart move in case that thing wobbles out into the Gulf.

It's smart either way. We've had a tremendous amount of rain and any more is going to cause severe flooding in low-lying areas. The evac here has already begun. You can tell on the streets. Not as many cars as usual. We were gonna skedaddle up to G'ville until the shift east in the projection. That area now looks vulnerable.

Miami is going to get clocked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb