Hurricane Michael

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
I have a lot of clients in that area. Spent most of the morning checking on them and many have employees that have lost a lot.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Trying to steal a police care isn’t desperation...it’s dumbassery at its finest. He paid the ultimate price.

Umm, the Dollar Store is all the way across town. How else was he supposed to get there and loot?

A wise man once said, never judge a man until you’ve walked a mile in his shoes with a boogie board, bottle of Windex and a 4-pack of mechanical pencils in hand.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
In complete and total fairness, these stores are getting massive insurance payouts regardless. They'll have records of their most recent inventory.

It's still stealing, but the stores/companies are going to make out alright (as long as they have insurance).
Why am I surprised by this?

You know that almost no store has anything close to 100% insurance, right? It is usually closer to 50% with very high deductible and may be even lower

You have insurance on your car too, right? I think I will head down to Tampa.

You have insurance on your stuff in your house too, right? I could use a tv and some other stuff.

If you dont have insurance, you should have, I guess. Tough for you.

Why am I not surprised this was Sas' response?

Last edited:

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Ahem!!
You borrowing or stealing?

8017985829_c3f8fa225b_b.jpg

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Talked to a good friend today from here in Pace. He’s been with Gulf Power for 20+ years through Ivan, Dennis, Katrina and the rest and is working in the field now. He said the infrastructure damage is worse than Katrina.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Been home now since Thursday. Cell signal came back last night, although real slow. Pretty sad state the city is in and only gets worse the farther east you head. My house is beach side and faired well. Sis in laws place got damaged really badly. My wife's Pathfinder is in her garage and we havent been able to get it out yet. Power and water to beach side is mostly restored. town and rural areas still are without. Spent the last week helping neighbors and friends and scrounging up supplies to donate. My son's preschool and swim lessons place we're destroyed. Most schools were; estimates for kids going back are between Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Notes:

If you're justifying or minimizing looting bc insurance will cover it, I honestly just feel sorry for you because noone raised you with any sense of morals or decency; or basic economics either.

Tyndall AFB is probably 30% of the local economy. Just walking away would be devastating to PC, so thanks for the sensitivity in people's times of need.

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Been home now since Thursday. Cell signal came back last night, although real slow. Pretty sad state the city is in and only gets worse the farther east you head. My house is beach side and faired well. Sis in laws place got damaged really badly. My wife's Pathfinder is in her garage and we havent been able to get it out yet. Power and water to beach side is mostly restored. town and rural areas still are without. Spent the last week helping neighbors and friends and scrounging up supplies to donate. My son's preschool and swim lessons place we're destroyed. Most schools were; estimates for kids going back are between Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Notes:

If you're justifying or minimizing looting bc insurance will cover it, I honestly just feel sorry for you because noone raised you with any sense of morals or decency; or basic economics either.

Tyndall AFB is probably 30% of the local economy. Just walking away would be devastating to PC, so thanks for the sensitivity in people's times of need.

Glad you are safe and that things could have been worse, Durty.

I would have hoped that schools would be shelters and thus survive the worst of it...sounds like the opposite. Thoughts are with you, your family, and your town.

g8tr72

Lifetime Member
Jun 8, 2016

Notes:

Glad you are safe.

How is the response in those isolated rural areas to the best of your knowledge? Have the responders and aid supplies reached them?

Is you know of an organization that is helping these people who need funds/supplies, post it here for us.

Thanks.

g8tr72

Lifetime Member
Jun 8, 2016
In Bay Co alone.

• The Bay County Medical Examiner’s Office has confirmed 12 storm-related deaths.

• The preliminary damage assessment numbers as of the end of day Monday October 15, which are not complete and WILL CHANGE:

o 2,544 structures damaged

o 669 structure failures

o 162 structures destroyed

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016

Notes:

Hang in there, Durty. You and your family are in my prayers.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Glad you are safe and that things could have been worse, Durty.

I would have hoped that schools would be shelters and thus survive the worst of it...sounds like the opposite. Thoughts are with you, your family, and your town.
many of the schools WERE evac shelters. And yet... many were destroyed. My son's preschool was built to withstand 150mph sustained and was full of evacuees. It's now a wreck. Thankfully everyone there was unharmed.

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
If you donate per the instructions at Second Harvest - www.fightinghunger.org

Then, Bank of America will do a 2-1 donation match. Be sure to use a local zip code per the instructions.

Many firms and employers are matching too. It’s a quick way to turn $1 into $4.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
How’s the recovery situation coming along Durty?
it's good my man. I finished all the immediate needs Wednesday evening, got the family back down and moved back in yesterday and headed back out this morn. Got some additional small repairs to do but it will have to wait, they are low priority and contractors arent interested in those right now. Back to the land of tv, internet, and cell signal!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator