Hurricane Michael

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Damn Goon. Those trees took a beating. And who are the yahoos that decided to leave the patio furniture out for a hurricane?

Are you in a condo?

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I've been in that condo. We almost bought one of the those Mediterranean style villas at the front of that subdivision, then found out they were gonna fill the empty lots with DR Horton cottages and took a HARD pass.

Ruined that neighborhood.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I've been in that condo. We almost bought one of the those Mediterranean style villas at the front of that subdivision, then found out they were gonna fill the empty lots with DR Horton cottages and took a HARD pass.

Smart man. DR Horton homes are terrible. Horrible construction.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Thanks Durt for your usual optimistic support.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Tyndall AFB is probably 30% of the local economy. Just walking away would be devastating to PC, so thanks for the sensitivity in people's times of need.
Yeah, what percentage of the economy will it be if the .Gov sells that property and it gets developed?

We have PLENTY of govt land and excess space in other bases and no real strategic need.

You in that area will be paid to clean up Tyndall and rebuild SOMETHING on that land regardless.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014

I have been a member of oath keepers for years and they sent out emails to all members to come help with everything over there and they made it clear to not wear camo or carry openly. They basically told members to stay home otherwise. There are certain times they do ask for people to bring iron and protect stores and other places like during the last riots but not this time. Those who felt like they needed to open carry when its against the local laws were not invited by oath keepers. Stewart Rhodes is the founder of oath keepers and has always followed the letter of the law. These people give the organization a bad name.

The Shady Grove Gator

Relapsed Wise-Ass
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Working 7 and 1's now. I went out West twice this year for 2 months, so I had to remain in my home county, but 80% of our workforce have been working 7 days a week up to 16 hours a day. FEMA just extended our incident command post for another month with most of the workers extended to 21 days straight (which is the longest allowed time straight on an emergency incident that they can require). Jackson, Liberty, Calhoun, Franklin, and Gadsden counties are truly suffering with waits of over a month for power/utilities restoration...not too mention Mexico Beach and most of eastern Bay County and its destruction, Some southern portions of metro Panama City got power and water by Monday. North PC, Lynn Haven, NW PC could get restored by mid next week. Rural portions of all these counties are still in the midst of clearing trees and roadways and have a long wait.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I believe a total of 6 schools are closing. City is still ahuge mess and largely like a ghost town. 2 days before Christmas all the shopping center parking lots were empty and most stores were still closed. Ppl are leaving and many that already did are not returning. My town may be done for. Mama wants to leave too and it's getting harder to come up with reasons to say no.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Sorry for all that to all those, Durty. Even worse if new people come in and benefit from others' ruin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb