Hurricane Michael

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
Isn’t that just a little NE of Mexico Beach?
Dayum- hope he’s ok

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Folks, by the grace of God and sweet baby Jesus mine and my parents houses were spared. I had no housing or roof damage and no flooding and im waiting for a check on the parents but initial report is theirs is fine too. My fence is long gone, nowhere to be found, and the roof on my workshop is gone but thats it. Nothing to the house. The beach side was largely spared; we were just west of the western eyewall. Panama City townside, is a different story. The whole town is absolutely demolished. Total devastation - were talking Andrew and Katrina (minus flooding) level catastrophe. Nothing was spared. Will take at least a week for road crews to clear the roads - they are really bad.

I had a buddy who almost died - his dogs did. He barely made it through. Townside of PC got the western edge of the eyewall and had sustained CAT 5 winds. The weather services were under reporting at the end. All the local wind readings in PC to mexico beach were above 160 until they just quit working once the eye was fully on shore.

Thanking the Lord that my family got out and are safe. Praying for literally thousands of people that stayed and hundreds more that are still unnaccounted for and not responding. I have freinds and family of freinds who havent been heard from since the eyewall came ashore. Cell service is actually decent and has been throughout the storm, so many are fearing the worst for these folks. If any of you are religious types, I ask you to take a moment right now and say a prayer for these people.

God Bless.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member

See if that works for anyone. It's 45 min video of a dude driving around PCB and PC shortly after the eye passed by. It is unreal and heartbreaking. It doesn't look too bad on the beach side, then he crosses the bridge to the townside and it's breathtaking.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Folks, by the grace of God and sweet baby Jesus mine and my parents houses were spared. I had no housing or roof damage and no flooding and im waiting for a check on the parents but initial report is theirs is fine too. My fence is long gone, nowhere to be found, and the roof on my workshop is gone but thats it. Nothing to the house. The beach side was largely spared; we were just west of the western eyewall. Panama City townside, is a different story. The whole town is absolutely demolished. Total devastation - were talking Andrew and Katrina (minus flooding) level catastrophe. Nothing was spared. Will take at least a week for road crews to clear the roads - they are really bad.

I had a buddy who almost died - his dogs did. He barely made it through. Townside of PC got the western edge of the eyewall and had sustained CAT 5 winds. The weather services were under reporting at the end. All the local wind readings in PC to mexico beach were above 160 until they just quit working once the eye was fully on shore.

Thanking the Lord that my family got out and are safe. Praying for literally thousands of people that stayed and hundreds more that are still unnaccounted for and not responding. I have freinds and family of freinds who havent been heard from since the eyewall came ashore. Cell service is actually decent and has been throughout the storm, so many are fearing the worst for these folks. If any of you are religious types, I ask you to take a moment right now and say a prayer for these people.

God Bless.
You were incredibly fortunate. It's terrible people die in these things because they refuse to leave the area.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016

God Bless.

Glad your house and parents house survived it, must’ve been well built.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.