Hurry back Luke....

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
While Luke's arm is clearly weaker, he's on time with the ball and hitting more of passes not only helps us move the ball in the passing game, it opens up the running lanes too. Did you see our touchdown drive? (I can't believe that's singular. :facepalm:) As soon as we hit a pass, Scarlett started making hay. I believe Luke, or any QB that's on time and sufficiently accurate, would make our offense much better.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
The both blow huge piles of dick. How hard is it for uf to get a premier qb my god...

Hopefully Franks can play decent next season. I think Del Rio is really limited when you watch him. LSU will tell us a lot on that I guess.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Not saying he would have been the answer, but Grier would have been back after LSU.

Maybe helped a little but it just seemed teams knew what we were going to try after that Ole Miss game and its looking the same way again this year.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The both blow huge piles of dick. How hard is it for uf to get a premier qb my god...
Offensive players haven't considered us for a long time, since our offense was the QB running off tackle 40 times.

The truth is that neither LDR or AA even CONSIDERED us initially. Think about that.

Tunaboat

4th & 34
Lifetime Member
Nov 22, 2015
Looking where to improve - ah, anywhere. Everywhere. Offense and defense, we're just a horsesh@t team right now probably heading for the Shreveport WeedWhacker Bowl. I'm forgetting about this year's possibilities, but looking to the future, how can we improve, what to focus on? This coaching staff has got its work cut out.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
I understand starting LDR, but I'm not sold on him at all. If he struggles I'd rather go with a freshman than Appleby.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
I counted 15 missed wide open receivers today
Oh and make Scarlett #1 because he's the ONLY back we have who knows how to read a block and choose the proper hole. Perrine, Kronk and Thompson all missd reads which would/should have been 30 plus yards gains....

1. Sorry, but I am afraid the pass we all gave McElwain after Treon became the QB last year was misplaced. Sure you can struggle with a low level team from time to time, but to constantly have games like Vandy last year, FAU, SoCar last year, UMass, UNT and Vandy this year is concerning. Seemingly this staff does not know how to prepare a team for a game. Sure the team can play well at LSU or against UTn, those are games where the team is naturally up. But against other teams, this staff seems lost or scared.

2. Perrine had a nice series in the middle of the first half and then was not heard from again. I think Scarlett spelled by Perrine might be the way to go.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I think UF scores two more touchdowns at least with Del Rio playing. Appleby was horrible in the red zone and cost us lots of points. Also agree that Scarlett is the best back, and he needs to get 20 carries a game. Not sure what the coaches are thinking sometimes. It's ridiculous that this team has looked the same as the last 3 years. Hopefully things will get better with Del Rio's return, but the defensive injuries and stupid mental errors need to stop occurring.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
We need Luke alright, but it might be Skywalker instead of Del Rio at this point.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
We need Luke alright, but it might be Skywalker instead of Del Rio at this point.

I was thinking more of this guy:

stlukeicon.jpg

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
This thread is a joke,right? I guess some of you didn't watch umass and North Texas. I didn't watch the whole game but it's pretty clear both qb's are pretty limited. Hurry back Luke? Lol

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
This thread is a joke,right? I guess some of you didn't watch umass and North Texas. I didn't watch the whole game but it's pretty clear both qb's are pretty limited. Hurry back Luke? Lol
Dude c'mon!!! Nobody is stating that LDR is a superhero of a QB here....but anybody and I mean anybody who knows anything about football could see how bad Appleby played today. LDR probably would have put another 14-17 points on the board for us which still isn't great but it's a helluva lot better than what we saw today.

Lake Gator

SUBMARINERS GO DEEPER
Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016
I don't think so either with regards to scoring because we go into Corky mode in the red zone but LDR would have moved the sticks a lot better IMO.

I think LDR would have scored twice where AA didn't. Once on the overlooked check down to Callaway inside the 5 yardline and once to wide-open Goolsby just before the half on third down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.