Husker came in peace

Jack o' Diamonds

My mind is made up, don't confuse me with facts...
Lifetime Member
Aug 29, 2015
I know there was a discussion about this a few days ago, but did anyone notice the Nebraska guy alluded to the school as UNL. You know, the abbreviation no one uses?

21Jump

Nov 5, 2017
If I am wrong I will bring all of you liquid refreshments at our first home game next year. Frost is not coming. Pressure to win now is far to great versus UN. For the same money he will go to Lincoln, if he goes at all. Yes he is a rising star but rising stars that lose in the SEC become black holes. In Lincoln he will be the King with three to four years to put them in the top 10. Championships are not expected day one. Finally, he knows, the recruiting dynamic in Florida has shifted and evened out the last five years. More kids leaving and more that want to play NOW going to UCF, USF, UM ect.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
ff_843986_xl.jpg

Huskers for peace, love, and understanding.

Sounds like the perfect place for Mac.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
If I am wrong I will bring all of you liquid refreshments at our first home game next year. Frost is not coming. Pressure to win now is far to great versus UN. For the same money he will go to Lincoln, if he goes at all. Yes he is a rising star but rising stars that lose in the SEC become black holes. In Lincoln he will be the King with three to four years to put them in the top 10. Championships are not expected day one. Finally, he knows, the recruiting dynamic in Florida has shifted and evened out the last five years. More kids leaving and more that want to play NOW going to UCF, USF, UM ect.
I think you've got it bass ackwards. The pressure will be HUGE in Nebraska for their "son" to come home as a Messiah to save a program that will NEVER return to the level it once was due to the way college football has changed.

In Gainesville, the bar has been dropped so low he'll get a statue for scoring 2 passing TD's in one game.

He's a Gator. In fact, I'd bet my favorite pair of socks he's already agreed to a deal in principle.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I think you've got it bass ackwards. The pressure will be HUGE in Nebraska for their "son" to come home as a Messiah to save a program that will NEVER return to the level it once was due to the way college football has changed.

In Gainesville, the bar has been dropped so low he'll get a statue for scoring 2 passing TD's in one game.

He's a Gator. In fact, I'd bet my favorite pair of socks he's already agreed to a deal in principle.

I got the impression Stricklin had an ace up his sleeve at his presser. I'm assuming that's why you say that. I hope you're right and it's Frost.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Nebraska hasn't even fired their coach yet. If they can't get him to say he will accept, they may keep Riley another year.

21Jump

Nov 5, 2017

I don’t think so. Husker Nation isn’t a thing. Its really a small pond compared to UF/SEC. He can make a real splash there for a while then take the quantum leap or stay in Lincoln if he is winning big and be a God. All for the same money. I hope I am wrong. I respect what he has done. I hope I am backing the ABC Liquor truck up 9/1/18 for Charleston.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Nebraska hasn't even fired their coach yet. If they can't get him to say he will accept, they may keep Riley another year.
I believe their AD stated he won't fire coaches mid season so they will likely not publicly fire him until the last game is over. There is no way that AD isn't going to fire Riley if Frost is still publicly available...he'd be strung up in Lincoln

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I don’t think so. Husker Nation isn’t a thing. Its really a small pond compared to UF/SEC. He can make a real splash there for a while then take the quantum leap or stay in Lincoln if he is winning big and be a God. All for the same money. I hope I am wrong. I respect what he has done. I hope I am backing the ABC Liquor truck up 9/1/18 for Charleston.
You don’t have to hope you’re wrong. You are wrong.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014

Look at harbaugh. There's already people saying he could be on the hot seat next year. He's mediocre. He can't win the big ones.

And he's the prodigal son. It's not always greener at the home you were born. Or something like that.

GatorSkin

Founding Member
Nord for President 2020
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

He can't make a splash in Lincoln. He can not get the athletes to run his system in Nebraska and he knows it, which is why he'll probably never coach there and sure as hell won't any time soon. He will either be at UF next year or UCF. My money is on UF.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The colors are bad, the font is bad, they have those horrific circular avatars......just an awful place.
The entire time I read some of the posts, and it was very little, my browser didn't stop loading. As I scrolled down, it would take a couple seconds to load the text. It's extremely clunky and sllooooooow.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Stricklin is undergoing at once the easiest and most difficult UF coaching search in recent memory. Frost is the consensus favorite, a tremendously young and dynamic guy just down the road who would likely make a great fit at Florida. And yet in spite of reports of dissonance with his alma mater over things in the past laying a possible wedge between him and a Nebraska hire, you can't discount the possibility of him going there.

It feels so much like 2004 and, frankly, it's got me on the edge of my seat. I want the guy, but I'm not yet ready to count chickens.

This one hire is going to define Stricklin's tenure at UF, as if you didn't already know that.

GatorRaz

Gator Fan in Enemy Territory!!!
Dec 12, 2014
I got the impression Stricklin had an ace up his sleeve at his presser. I'm assuming that's why you say that. I hope you're right and it's Frost.
In the last week or so I've learned two very important things. I would never buy a used car from Mac (or anything for that matter) and never player poker w' Stricklin. Guy definitely seemed to be holding an ace at the presser.
Go Gators!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb